princess dress for CRT?

brooks13

Earning My Ears
I have PS for CRT and Princess Storybook when we go on our first trip to WDW this spring. I have seen many posts where DDs are wearing princess dresses to these affairs, as well as the Gala Feast.

Is DD dressing up in a princess dress the norm? Is it more of just a CRT thing? Does she HAVE to? Will I look like a bad mom if she doesn't? Will her feelings be hurt? If she does wear one, what do you do after, just bring a change of clothes? :confused:

Thanks for any info!

There were generally more girls in street clothes than Princess outfits when we were there.

I bought my DD Princess tshirt at the Disney store to wear for her CRT breakfast. SHe didn't seem at all fazed by some other girls in Princess dresses.

While you do see some children dressed up for the breakfast, it certainly isn't necessary, nor will you feel funny if your daughter is not dressed up. As disneyag said there's a lot more people dressed in street clothes than in princess costumes.

That's not to say you shouldn't dress her up if you want to! I'm sure it makes for some really great pictures. I think what most people do is bring a change of clothes, otherwise your daughter will be really uncomfortable (not to mention hot!) the rest of the day.

Have fun!

My girls (DD6 and DD8) just wore princess tshirts to the PSB almost 2 weeks ago, but for the Wonderland Tea Party, they wore "fancy" dresses like they think you'd wear to tea. They were not princess dresses per se. They wanted to be dressed up. At PSB, we saw only a few princess dresses but at the tea, more than half the girls were dressed up. Very cute.

I stressed over whether or not to dress my dd3 in a princess dress. Ultimately I decided not to. When we went, there were a few girls in princess dresses but not the majority. My dd didn't seem to notice one way or another and had a wonderful time.

my dd did wear her snow white dress, but only because we already had one. There were definitely far more kids in normal clothes than in princess clothes, although we saw a couple of others dressed up.
We changed her into shorts/t shirt after breakfast.

Bev

When we were there girls in princess dresses were definately a minority. However, I had read on the boards about having a dress arrive as a girft from one of the princesses and an invitaion to the breakfast. We did this. However, now it seems to be expected. This is definately a downside to the idea. I like the t-shirt idea.

We went to both the Cinderella breakfast and the Storybook breakfast with my daughter who was only 7 months old at the time and she dressed up as a princess both times. I thought it was so cute in the pictures!! Of course you don't have to dress your daughter up but it sure is fun!

We changed her after each one, but we had the luxery of putting the dresses in the storage under her stroller. If she was older I don't know that I would have wanted to carry the dress with us all day.

Boy am I glad my DD 4 yrs can't get on here and read this:) we are months out and already "arguing" this point. We don't do the breakfasts, we've always had good luck seeing everyone we want to see. And she's insisting she's going to wear her dress all day at MK, in case Cinderella sees her. LOL. She always wears some dress, so we'll dress her up in something else, WASHABLE!!

My poor kids, we should have waited to tell them. This is worse than when I was pregnant. I guess they would rather visit WDW than get a sibling. LOL

:crazy: Micki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter