Princess Meals - Which one?

NJFabFour

<font color=CC0066><b>WL Vet</b>
Also posted this under Restaurants, but knew that this Family Board may have some veteran Character Meal-ers!
Help! I was planning to try for a PS at Cinderella's Breakfast in the Castle. Now I keep reading about the breakfast in Epcot and the dinner at the Grand Flor. Is there any difference between these 3 options (besides food and location)? My dd just wants to meet the princesses so that is our only priority. Do some offer more princess characters than others? I think she'd rather see "more" princesses at the meal than dine with any one of them in particular. Are the meals at Epcot and Grand Fl. easier to get a PS? Thanks!

We did the Castle last June. My DS hated it. The food was ok. My DD - then age 7 loved the princesses. It took me 3 tries very early in the AM to get the PS. Not worth the hipe.

From the boards EPCOT bkfst does not sound that great.

We are doing the GF dinner - Cinderella, Prince Charming,
the Fairy God Mother and the 2 mice. The buffet is supposed to be wonderful. The GF resort is a beauty in its self. The PS are easier to get - more seating available. And I think you can reserve it 120 days in advance.

If you have your heart set on the Castle and you only have girls
in the family (minus Dad) - try for it.

I would still make a GF dinner ressie first. You can always cancel the PS you do not want (curtious to others).

Good luck :sunny:

Try posting or searching over on the Restuarant boards. This one comes up there all the time.

We went to the princess breakfast last summer when it first came out at epcot- my daughter loved it- we saw many princesses (not cinderella though), but it was a great meal overall. Try booking that one, the price was good and there were about 5 princesses including Aurora, Snow White, Jasmine, Mary Poppins, and I can't remember the fifth.

We did both CRT and Storybook at Epcot last summer. They were both TERRIFIC!!!

Great character interaction (5 characters at each) and the food was good!

There were more princesses at Storybook, but only because Aladdin was one of the characters at CRT.

We have reservations for all 3 this upcoming trip, but I think we may cancel the one at GF for fear of "princess overload"!

You can't go wrong with either :).

Teresa

My granddaughter (6 y.o.) really, really wants to do CRT, but I refuse to jump thru hoops trying to get a reservation.

So I've book PS at the Storybook Princess Breakfast (no Cinderella), the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella and "Friends") and the Mary Poppins Breakfast also at 1900 Park Fare.

I figure she'll see plenty of princesses!

It's difinitely going to be a princess vacation this time ... can you hear my 8 y.o. grandson whining? LOL!

Cheryl

I don't know if I already answered this in the other thread but here goes....

Both CRT and Storybook have lots of Princesses but I think Storybook had more.

When we went:

CRT: Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Prince Charming.

Storybook: Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, Princess Aurura, and Mulan.

Food is very similar. Castle is great but Storybook isn't bad either.

If you don't want to drive yourself crazy trying to get CRT then just go for the Storybook!

Gook luck...they are both nice.

Last January we did all three princess meals on our WDW trip. Major burn out for everyone. If Cinderella is a must meet for your little one then CRT or the GF Dinner is a must do. A warning on GF you only meet a few characters, all from Cinderella. It's a great opportunity to get a picture with her Prince (he's a hard to find). The mice and the fairy Godmother circulate in the dinner area. It is more expensive, but has a great buffet selection. The noise level is high, and be prepared to be hit a few time by small wand wielding princess wannabees (including ours).
The Epcot breakfast is great for seeing a lot of princess, and they seem to be in less of a hurry than at CRT. They took a lot of time at our table. Mulan was the highlight for our DD (4yr).
You can't go wrong on any of them, it just depends on what she wants.
Have a great visit

Just asked DD7 which she liked better - CRT or GF Dinner.
She replied, "I liked the Grand Floridian better because the food was much better"
GF - is a buffet
CRT - is preplated.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the great tips! We're also planning to do Crystal Palace with Pooh to please my DS so I think one Princess meal will be satisfying! I have a PS for the Storybook breakfast but depending on itinerary, may go ahead and try for CRT. Either of these sound like they'll make a "Lil' Princess" very happy!

We hope to do Cinderella (castle or GF) this trip but I have to say that all my children (even my 5yr old son) LOVED the princess breakfast at Epcot. No Cinderella- but there were 6 there- can't remember them all I don't think..... Sleeping beauty, Mulan, Mary Poppins.... um..... can't remember. LOL
The food was DELICIOUS (but we were pretty hungry so maybe anything would have tasted good at that point? LOL) and the service was great. The Princesses were not rushed at all- spent a lot of time with us even though every table was taken in the restaurant (that we could see). Mary Poppins was a HIT... and even at ages 8-almost 9, 5 and 2..... they all truly believed she was the REAL Mary Poppins- she was very convincing. ;)
We may even do this breakfast again. I'm considering it.... kids sure did enjoy it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter