Princess Weekend 2021

Hi there! Planning my first runDisney race for Princess 2021 - the 10k! Is there worry that it will sell out? I plan to book on June 9th. Are there strategies for the sign up process (like booking FPs?)

I've never run in my life. I have started doing a C25K program and I'm currently in week three (I'm honestly not enjoying running AT ALL!). My first goal is to run a Mother's Day 5k in my town.

My party will be myself and my two female cousins - all in our 40s! I believe we will be staying at Wilderness Lodge. I have so many questions, but I'll do some research first!

Hello fellow runners! Joining this thread...I am totally doing all of the races for Princess Weekend 2021! I did the Star Wars half in 2019, and the Two-Course Challenge for Food and Wine 2019. The 2021 Princess half is on my birthday, so I figured that was a sign that I must do it! 8-)

I'm fairly confident I will be at Princess 2021 for my first non-Marathon Weekend runDisney event. My daughter is excited to dress me up in some manner for the race.

Planning my first runDisney race for Princess 2021 - the 10k! Is there worry that it will sell out? I plan to book on June 9th. Are there strategies for the sign up process (like booking FPs?)

It will very likely sell out. And it could sell out on the first day, or even the first hour of being on sale. According to posts on the DIS from the Princess 2020 thread, it looks like the 5k and 10k sold out in 37 minutes last year. So my advice is to be prepared on June 9th the moment registration opens. And I believe from past anecdotes that even being in the registration process does not guarantee your 10k registration is confirmed. So be quick through the registration process as well. Once you submit your payment, then you should be likely good to go. If you want to familiarize yourself with what the registrations look like, then Wine and Dine goes on sale on March 10th at 10am ET.

I'm fairly confident I will be at Princess 2021 for my first non-Marathon Weekend runDisney event. My daughter is excited to dress me up in some manner for the race.

It will very likely sell out. And it could sell out on the first day, or even the first hour of being on sale. According to posts on the DIS from the Princess 2020 thread, it looks like the 5k and 10k sold out in 37 minutes last year. So my advice is to be prepared on June 9th the moment registration opens. And I believe from past anecdotes that even being in the registration process does not guarantee your 10k registration is confirmed. So be quick through the registration process as well. Once you submit your payment, then you should be likely good to go. If you want to familiarize yourself with what the registrations look like, then Wine and Dine goes on sale on March 10th at 10am ET.
woah! had no idea! ok, taking the day off, ha.

My cousin I'm running with is a DVC member. Can she register me through her early process?

My cousin I'm running with is a DVC member. Can she register me through her early process?

I believe that is suppose to be for immediate family. Although, I'm not completely versed on that specific topic. @rteetz might have a better answer for that one.

With that being said, if everything is fine with that, I'd still suggest having your cousin be ready right at DVC registration open because they only have a limited number of spots for the early registration and they tend to go very fast.

Planning my first runDisney race for Princess 2021 - the 10k! Is there worry that it will sell out?

Yep.

She might be able to do it, but you’ll run the risk of it being cancelled. I did it once for my cousin and I was freaked the whole time until we picked up bibs that they were going to catch it!

My best friend and I will be trying to join the 5k and 10k, celebrating turning 50 in 2021! Can we register each other? I thought we could before (2012 was our only other Disney race through Active). We were debating on her registering us for one race and me registering us both for the other. We definitely want to have a good plan of attack! Looking forward to a great girls weekend!

Woo how exciting! I have an AP for next year (thinking I'll activate over the summer) so I'm looking to target a new (for me) runDisney weekend. Wine & Dine doesn't make sense for my schedule this year and I've already done MW and Star Wars so here we are. Hope to see you there and I hope to need a new plan from you with new paces by then!

Also Hi everybody on this thread! Following along and if I sign up I plan to do the half or the challenge.

Woo how exciting! I have an AP for next year (thinking I'll activate over the summer) so I'm looking to target a new (for me) runDisney weekend. Wine & Dine doesn't make sense for my schedule this year and I've already done MW and Star Wars so here we are. Hope to see you there and I hope to need a new plan from you with new paces by then!

:woohoo::car:

95% sure I will be in for the Fairy Tale Challenge next year! I usually alternate Marathon Weekend and Princess Weekend every year. I am going to try and do both in 2021, but if I have to pick one it will be Princess, because 2019 was my last. Super excited as the last week of February is my absolute favorite time to go to Disney. It breaks up our long Utah winter, and when I come home, spring is (usually!) just a few weeks away!

I'm definitely in for the weekend, just not sure what races I'll be doing. 99% sure I'll be at the 5K since that's the race I do with my mom and sister. The question will be whether I want to repeat this year with adding the half on, go back to doing the 5K and 10K, or some other plan. I'll decide that when I'm closer to registration day.

So if I am planning to run with two other people, how do we register to ensure we all are in the same corral? I have no idea how any of that works. Thanks!

Hi there! Planning my first runDisney race for Princess 2021 - the 10k! Is there worry that it will sell out? I plan to book on June 9th. Are there strategies for the sign up process (like booking FPs?)

Hello! We have a group of four that just secured our 2021 Princess race registrations during this year's Princess weekend. We just called runDisney and secured our race registrations and made room reservations at the Polynesian over the phone. I believe you can do this during any race weekend - we did Princess weekend 2019 and called during the Star Wars race weekend in April 2018 to book both room and race registrations. Once race registration opens up in June, we will be sent an email that gives us a separate link to register for the race. You're already locked in and can skip the stress of refreshing your screen over and over once registration opens. Our room reservations are at rack rate, but we can apply any discounts that may become available prior to race weekend. We put a $200 deposit down for the room, which can be changed or cancelled any time up to 30 days prior to arrival. Two of us registered for the challenge and the other two registered for the 10k. The 10kers are on the fence about the challenge, so they can upgrade at any point by calling back and paying a $45 change fee. So, very long story short, you could try calling during Star Wars weekend to book room and race reservations to save some stress and guarantee your spot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter