Princess Weekend 2021

Forgive me if this post is not appropriate for the board. My party and I decided to move forward with a TA in order to feel confident that we had all 3 of our race bibs secured (total newbies here). We reached out to a TA yesterday and she had race spots in the afternoon but by the time we all three decided on which resort, they were gone. So now we have the room reserved and are waiting with fingers and toes crossed that she receives more bibs. At this point, should I be shopping around for other TAs that might have bibs? I don't know anyone other than this one who was personally referred to me.

Forgive me if this post is not appropriate for the board. My party and I decided to move forward with a TA in order to feel confident that we had all 3 of our race bibs secured (total newbies here). We reached out to a TA yesterday and she had race spots in the afternoon but by the time we all three decided on which resort, they were gone. So now we have the room reserved and are waiting with fingers and toes crossed that she receives more bibs. At this point, should I be shopping around for other TAs that might have bibs? I don't know anyone other than this one who was personally referred to me.

Based on what I’ve been told by multiple TAs, they are all pulling from the same allotment of bibs so when one TA is out, they all are. RunDisney seems to allocate them additional bibs with some frequency, though, so they may still get more. Your time might be better spent seeing if you could go through a charity if you’re committed to securing bibs prior to general registration.

I’m so excited for this! I have run a few races at Disney but just did my first Princess 5k this past February and loved it. Gonna try get in for the 5K and 10K for 2021. Does anyone know when/if DVC posts they date for the early registration? TIA!

I’m so excited for this! I have run a few races at Disney but just did my first Princess 5k this past February and loved it. Gonna try get in for the 5K and 10K for 2021. Does anyone know when/if DVC posts they date for the early registration? TIA!

Found this on the DVC website about early registration for Princess weekend:

2021 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend (Feb. 18-21, 2021):

• June 11, 2020 — Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and golden Oak residents
  • June 16, 2020 — General on-sale date
Registration opens at 10am EST

Hello runners! I just realized that my family's vacation next year overlaps with Princess weekend. It has always been on my bucket list to participate in a run disney event, so I am considering doing the 5K (I have heard that it can be difficult to get into though but I am DVC so maybe that will help my chances??) Anyways, would you do 5K at the end of your week long family vacation?

Hello runners! I just realized that my family's vacation next year overlaps with Princess weekend. It has always been on my bucket list to participate in a run disney event, so I am considering doing the 5K (I have heard that it can be difficult to get into though but I am DVC so maybe that will help my chances??) Anyways, would you do 5K at the end of your week long family vacation?
The race itself is not fast-paced as it's considered a "fun run". I don't see a reason why it would interfere with your vacation as long as you're okay with waking up at around 2 am on the race day. It's such a great event!

Has anyone made a breakfast ADR for after the 5k? My daughter and I are running the 5k together for the first time and also celebrating her 10th birthday. I thought it would be fun to try and book Bon Voyage. Maybe do the latest breakfast time?

Has anyone made a breakfast ADR for after the 5k? My daughter and I are running the 5k together for the first time and also celebrating her 10th birthday. I thought it would be fun to try and book Bon Voyage. Maybe do the latest breakfast time?

We did Bon Voyage a couple years ago - was yummy! I think we probably did 10:30ish or something, but I was back in our room before my family even woke up. My daughter came out and asked when I was going to do my race (I was already back)!

We did Bon Voyage a couple years ago - was yummy! I think we probably did 10:30ish or something, but I was back in our room before my family even woke up. My daughter came out and asked when I was going to do my race (I was already back)!

Perfect! Thanks! I think that’s what we’ll plan on doing.

I did it at the very end of our trip this year when we stayed at Riviera. I got up, did the 5k (there were lots of walkers) then back to the hotel to pack up the car for the drive back to MA. After that hopped on the gondola with the kids and headed to DHS and did our 3 fast passes. Got back to the hotel around noon and in the car to start the drive home. I was tired but we stopped early and stayed at a hotel for a night, didn’t drive straight thru like we thought we might.

So, as I mentioned a few pages back, this will be my first runDisney race since 2018, and back then was when we registered through active.com. Can anyone who has more recent experience with registering directly with rD enlighten me as to how much taxes & fees add on to the registration fees? Fingers-crossed, in total I'll be registering for two 5K (me & my husband) and one 10K (just me). Thanks!

So, as I mentioned a few pages back, this will be my first runDisney race since 2018, and back then was when we registered through active.com. Can anyone who has more recent experience with registering directly with rD enlighten me as to how much taxes & fees add on to the registration fees? Fingers-crossed, in total I'll be registering for two 5K (me & my husband) and one 10K (just me). Thanks!
Under all the prices on the runDisney Princess Half Marathon Weekend page, it says "Prices do not include a 6.6% platform service fee". I haven't paid attention in the past whether there are other fees on top of that. Good luck getting in! I'll be trying when it opens too.

Under all the prices on the runDisney Princess Half Marathon Weekend page, it says "Prices do not include a 6.6% platform service fee". I haven't paid attention in the past whether there are other fees on top of that. Good luck getting in! I'll be trying when it opens too.

Thanks!

I pulled my active.com account to see what I paid in registration fees back then ($85.28 for the 5K and $362.44 for the Challenge), and the 6.6% sounds about right for what I paid in total with the fees last time.

That being said, that would put the 5K at $94.87 each after the platform service fee, and the 10K at $137.52 after the platform service fee. Now that I know what to expect, I can relay that to the other folks who will hopefully be running the races with us so that they know what to set aside in their Disney budget.

If you are running as a group (we have three of us), do we each try individually on the morning of registration day? Or does one take the lead and add all of us?

Thanks!

I pulled my active.com account to see what I paid in registration fees back then ($85.28 for the 5K and $362.44 for the Challenge), and the 6.6% sounds about right for what I paid in total with the fees last time.

That being said, that would put the 5K at $94.87 each after the platform service fee, and the 10K at $137.52 after the platform service fee. Now that I know what to expect, I can relay that to the other folks who will hopefully be running the races with us so that they know what to set aside in their Disney budget.

I paid $178 for my daughter and I for the Princess 5k this upcoming February. $89 each. I also booked a 3 night stay and paid a $200 deposit.

Thanks!

I just checked my registration for the upcoming Wine and Dine weekend - when I registered my sister for the 10K her total was $137.51. For Princess this year, I paid $92.74 for my 5K registration so I think you calculations are pretty spot on :goodvibes

FWIW I run a race the same weekend with a similar field and they already released a contingency plan that if the race can’t happen due to covid 19 it would go on virtually

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!