privacy

rmom50

DIS Veteran
I can't make it shut off my on line status. the settings that are available to me show that it is not supposed to be showing and it is.

I can't make it shut off my on line status. the settings that are available to me show that it is not supposed to be showing and it is.
If you're talking about you being able to see where/when you are on the boards when you click on your avatar, only you can see YOUR online status. I clicked on your avatar and I have no idea where you are or when the last time was you were there.

ok thanks PrincessShmoo. The little green on line status indicator that looks like a bust in a circle on my avatar is what I was talking about. It was never there before unless it was visible to everyone. Now it appears all the time to me. thanks
. :wave2:

ok thanks PrincessShmoo. The little green on line status indicator that looks like a bust in a circle on my avatar is what I was talking about. It was never there before unless it was visible to everyone. Now it appears all the time to me. thanks
. :wave2:
I thought you were referring to the "Last seen Today at 5:59 PM" comment when you click on someone's avatar. That's the online status that you can block on the profile preferences. The little green image that's on the edge of your avatar (indicating that you are online) has always been there.

The little green image that's on the edge of your avatar (indicating that you are online) has always been there.

That can be turned off as well. On your Account, under Preferences, in the Privacy Options section you can deselect "Show your online status."

OP - it's possible that something wasn't working correctly right after the upgrade. The team has been tweaking the upgrade since we came back online Sunday. If your settings still aren't doing what you expect, post again.

That can be turned off as well. On your Account, under Preferences, in the Privacy Options section you can deselect "Show your online status."

OP - it's possible that something wasn't working correctly right after the upgrade. The team has been tweaking the upgrade since we came back online Sunday. If your settings still aren't doing what you expect, post again.
I have the "Show your online status" unselected. I can see a little green "Online now" icon on my avatar when I post.

Can everyone see it?

No Princess Shmoo, I can not see it. That is exactly what I was talking about though. I didn't used to have that on mine and now I do. It doesn't matter really, but it does appear to me that I am showing my online status to all, even though I have also selected not to show that. I think it's hard to describe since nobody else can evidently see it. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!