Private VIP tour

osopecoso

Registered
we have family coming in from Italy. We are going to spend 5 days in Disney. They want to do a private VIP tour for 3 days, one day to relax at pools and another day to go shop. I have only done the private tour once but it was years ago. Do they actually come pick you up at your resort and drive you wherever you like on Disney property or do you have to arrange with the tour operators on what you want to do each day. This will be in mid November. We have the days held. They are going to be staying
At a 2 bedroom suite in grand Floridian and we will be staying at the Polynesian. If they do pick up do they make multiple stops or do we have to meet somewhere.

Also regarding dining reservations, do they assist you with getting you into certain restaurants or must you have reservations already made. What other perks come with this service. They want to know. I have to book it but thankfully not with my credit card.

They will pick you up wherever you want and at whatever time you want. Depending on your group size, they have an SUV or Van. They will make whatever stops at various resorts you want.

I've never asked them to make dining reservations, because having a table service meal during a VIP tour is a costly thing. It's possible your coordinator can help you with a reservation. You can be paying $10/minute and I don't want to spend that while eating. Other perks... you have unlimited fast passes. They take you into the FP+ queue for whatever ride you want. It's total flexibility. And the transportation goes backstage from park-to-park, a huge benefit. Outside of unlimited FP+s, there are some things they can get around the lines for (e.g., Anna and Elsa meet and greet), but not many. You don't get snacks or water in the car (or elsewhere).

Ok good. Good to know about the dining. My family does not mind paying. They just want the total Disney experience minus the long lines in the heat.

There will be 8 of us total including a 3 year old and 4 year old. Do they get you through the fast pass lines for all rides? (New pandora rides). We will just buy water and snacks in the park. Also, do they have tour guides that speak multiple languages. My aunt only speaks Italian.

@anomamatt - I used to know this but have forgotten... do you remember the minimum hours you can book the VIP tours? Is it 6?

Last edited:

Yes it's 7. We are doing 8 hrs each day.

What do you normally tip the tour guide at the end and do they keep it or have to pool it with other tour guides?

Ok good. Good to know about the dining. My family does not mind paying. They just want the total Disney experience minus the long lines in the heat.

There will be 8 of us total including a 3 year old and 4 year old. Do they get you through the fast pass lines for all rides? (New pandora rides). We will just buy water and snacks in the park. Also, do they have tour guides that speak multiple languages. My aunt only speaks Italian.

Yes, all rides, even the new pandora ones. Not all rides have FP+ queues, but most do. And all the popular ones do.

I'm not sure about languages, but the coordinator might be able to find someone.

OH! And I forgot a MAJOR perk... VIP viewing for parades and fireworks! To me, that is one of the best perks. Along with the awesome transportation...

Yes it's 7. We are doing 8 hrs each day.

What do you normally tip the tour guide at the end and do they keep it or have to pool it with other tour guides?

We probably undertip, I have no idea... but we tip $400 a day (regardless of hourly rate and we have done the $600/hr rate during xmas). I think they keep it themselves, it's a tipped position. I have no idea what the right amount is...

We probably undertip, I have no idea... but we tip $400 a day (regardless of hourly rate and we have done the $600/hr rate during xmas). I think they keep it themselves, it's a tipped position. I have no idea what the right amount is...
Great. I think we are paying $600 hr. Will figure out the tip later on. One hr day sounds reasonable plus maybe we will buy lunch for the guide. I would hate that tip to go towards other employees.

Great. I think we are paying $600 hr. Will figure out the tip later on. One hr day sounds reasonable plus maybe we will buy lunch for the guide. I would hate that tip to go towards other employees.

They have a card for their meals, "courtesy of Mickey". No matter where you eat, their meal will be free for them. Probably one of the many reasons being a VIP guide is a highly coveted job. Though I also imagine being a guide has it's downsides... We've always eaten with our guide, but have never done a TS meal during a tour.

They have a card for their meals, "courtesy of Mickey". No matter where you eat, their meal will be free for them. Probably one of the many reasons being a VIP guide is a highly coveted job. Though I also imagine being a guide has it's downsides... We've always eaten with our guide, but have never done a TS meal during a tour.
Ah ok so it's more like a quick service meal with them.

Not sure if I would ever want that job. The amount of butt kissing that must be done.

I'd get breakfast together at the Poly or GF and have them pick you all up there, this way you are full and ready for some VIP touring.

I'd get breakfast together at the Poly or GF and have them pick you all up there, this way you are full and ready for some VIP touring.
That is the plan in the morning. Nice and easy.

We are all booked. I got a call an hour after booking from the tours dept. asked if we had any requests. They have a tour guide who speaks Italian so she is going to take us around. They are setting up a few character lunches for us and the girls who are 3 and 4 have reservations to get done up at bbb. We have them for 3 days from 9:30-5:30. They are going to assist us with dinner reservations. Where is a good place to take them for dinner in the parks. Keep in mind this is their first time and no Italian. We were thinking Victoria and alberts the last night.

For dinner in the parks, I would suggest CRT in MK so they can eat in the castle, Monsieur Paul or Le Cellier in EP, Tiffins in AK and Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS. On your pool day, I would suggest Cali Grill, Narcoosees or Artist Point. Just know if you do V&A you'll have to hire a babysitter or put the children in one of the childcare centers (Lilos Playhouse is at the Poly)

For anyone who is interested, there's a fun book called "The Ride Delegate" written by a former VIP guide about her experiences. I aspire to do a VIP tour someday and when I read this book I started creating my list of things not to do to my guide:)

For dinner in the parks, I would suggest CRT in MK so they can eat in the castle, Monsieur Paul or Le Cellier in EP, Tiffins in AK and Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS. On your pool day, I would suggest Cali Grill, Narcoosees or Artist Point. Just know if you do V&A you'll have to hire a babysitter or put the children in one of the childcare centers (Lilos Playhouse is at the Poly)
Will look at those other places to eat. Thanks. We have a reservation at California grill one night at 8:30.

We have babysitting for those nights out. Something called kids night out. The tour dept recommended them. They will come to the resort room which is great.

Will look at those other places to eat. Thanks. We have a reservation at California grill one night at 8:30.

We have babysitting for those nights out. Something called kids night out. The tour dept recommended them. They will come to the resort room which is great.

Perfect! We've used Kids Nite Out twice and were very happy with their service. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter