Probably dumb questions from a first time cruiser

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
I'm sure I'm missing the obvious but DH is asking a lot of questions and since I have never done this either, I can't answer them. They are random and in no particular order.

1. So we have assigned dinner locations/times but all the restaurants are open for breakfast and lunch??

2. As first time cruisers is there a snowball's chance in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks that we'd get a Palo brunch ressie? And is it the same dress code?

3. Is there a 5K on Castaway Cay every time? We've heard about this and wondered if it's offered all the time or on every visit.

4. Do they ever serve lamb on board?

5. Can I use a Disney Visa Rewards Redemption card onboard throughout the cruise or only at the end when I settle up my KTTW card?

I'm sure I'll have more later! Thanks gang! Counting the days!!!!

As you know- there are NO dumb questions!! It never hurts to ask. Your first cruise is like going to a foreign country- things are just done differently!

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious but DH is asking a lot of questions and since I have never done this either, I can't answer them. They are random and in no particular order.

1. So we have assigned dinner locations/times but all the restaurants are open for breakfast and lunch?? Not exactly- it's better than that! Everyone visits each of the main restaurants at least one time (more depending on the length of your cruise). Your servers come with you every night. The main restaurants are open for lunch and breakfast, but not all of them every day. There is a listing of which ones are open and their hours in the Navigator. And your Key to the World card will indicate which dinner location you have on which day by a list of letters.

2. As first time cruisers is there a snowball's chance in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks that we'd get a Palo brunch ressie? There is a chance you can grab a ressie on the day your availbility opens up. But if not- you can always try once you get on board, and even add your name to the wiat list incase someone cancels.
And is it the same dress code? Main dining dress code is business/cruise causal. They suggest slacks and a nice top. They allow jeans, but no swimsuits or cutoffs (who wears those anymore anyway? :confused3) or sloppy outfits. But basically what you would wear to California Grill or Narcoosse's would work on the cruise. Palo and Remy require "fancier" attire. Men need to wear a dress shirt and tie and/or jacket. Ladies should wear a dress, nice slacks and pretty top, etc. Nothing you would wear on the beach or for a casual meal.

3. Is there a 5K on Castaway Cay every time? We've heard about this and wondered if it's offered all the time or on every visit. I believe there is- although participation varies.

4. Do they ever serve lamb on board? I had lamb kebobs at one of the counter service stands once, and I believe it may have been on the dinner menu at least once as well. Not 100% sure.

5. Can I use a Disney Visa Rewards Redemption card onboard throughout the cruise or only at the end when I settle up my KTTW card? Just to pay off your room charges at the end of the cruise. You have to use your key card for purchases on board or on Castaway Cay.

I'm sure I'll have more later! Thanks gang! Counting the days!!!!

Hope that helps! :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter