Problem with itunes show web page

drwitz

Living the dream in Florida!
Hey there.

The iTunes version of the podcast is still having issues. When I try to update I get the little exclamation point icon as the podcast feed is having problems trying to update. I looked at the details and it appears that the xml feed for the show has an error on the page.

According to Internet Explorerer, the show web page has an error.

End tag 'itunes:summary' does not match the start tag 'description'.
Line: 1671 Character: 564

(less than sign)description(greater than sign)In this episode we tell you about the most popular news stories on the DIS this week, including Robert Igers trouble with Ithaca College, and the new biography on Walt Disney. We talk by phone rocessional Dining Package. We discuss this week's new Sound Off topic and announce the winners from last week. Kevin Klose tells us about his dining experience at the Coral Reef restaurant. Ricky Pierson gives us some updates around Universal Studios Orlando and Bob Varley tells us some of the off property hotel discounts you can find.(less than sign and backslash)itunes:summary(greater than sign)

Can someone fix this?

Was having problems posting the post. The url wasn't working. Think I have it set now.

Is this the exact feed you are using? http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/unplugged.xml

Try to unsubscribe and subscribe again.

I tried, and that didn't work for me. I also tried deleting the feed and resubscribing, but that didn't work either...

I am getting the following error:

"The DIS Unplugged - A Weekly Roundtable Discussion About All Things Disney World" does not seem to be a valid Podcast URL.
Please check that you have entered the correct URL and try again.​

I'm not entering a URL. I'm just clicking subscribe in iTunes. When I check the Show Description, the URL is the same as the one you posted.

I was having the same problem yesterday but it looks like it is okay today.:cheer2:

I did delete the subscription and retried directly from Itunes link.

Hope this helps
Cathy

It looks like we are seeing some residual issues from our server migration. Some are getting the error depending on what "DIS" server you land on, which is why it works for some and not others.

Try subscribing to this test feed through iTunes and let me know what you get. http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/unplugged-test.xml (This is only a temporary link so please don't depend on it being updated with new shows). You can subscribe to it by going to Advanced – Subscribe to Podcast….and add this feed.

Whatever you did, it's working now.

Just relogged into iTunes and everything updated!

So, do I get a free cruise for bringing it up??

Thanks again!

I am still having trouble with iTunes. The podcast will begin to download and then an error message will occur. I had been simply downloading the mp3 directly from the DIS site, but now that's timing out. It was taking 6 hours to download a 29 meg +/- file, ouch.

I tried the direct link Corey posted and that didn't work. The second "test" link isn't working either. I get an error 3259 code from iTunes.
Help! I need my DIS fix! :confused3

I am still having trouble with iTunes. The podcast will begin to download and then an error message will occur. I had been simply downloading the mp3 directly from the DIS site, but now that's timing out. It was taking 6 hours to download a 29 meg +/- file, ouch.

I tried the direct link Corey posted and that didn't work. The second "test" link isn't working either. I get an error 3259 code from iTunes.
Help! I need my DIS fix! :confused3

This sounds like a network/iTunes problem. There's a huge thread about it with others having the same issue. Some will suggest that you try updating your iTunes version. http://www.technologyevangelist.com/2006/10/itunes_download_prob.html

Not only am I having problems downloading the Dis podcast (just spins to infinity in iTunes), but I can't log onto www.wdwinfo.com from Safari, Firefox nor Explorer as well. We use a 4 month old iMac that's totally up todate.

I'm on my workstation (Apple G5) here at work to send this message.

Well, for me, this issue has been fixed, but I am now experiencing the latest described in the Odd behaviour with iTunes thread.

Sometimes it's hard to be patient, but I'm finding that the best approach seems to be just to wait it out. I'm sure the DISTeam has it under control.

So, I guess I'll just get back to... work. :surfweb:

:goodvibes

I am still getting an error message, but it is a different one...I think they must be working on it right now....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter