Professional Photographs?

Tanya

Mouseketeer
Sorry - didn't know where exactly to stick this. Hubby, my daughter and myself will be down in Disney the first week of December. I was thinking about getting a family photo taken for the holidays to send to everyone. Does anyone know of a photo studio of some sort?

Thanks.

I know they have photo session packages for Honeymooners in the parks... I am not sure if you could do the same sort of thing for a family photo session.
Also...
We made it a point to have our picture taken first thing at each park. There will be CM who will take your picture and you can preview the pictures later in the day. Some of the CM took 4 or 5 pics of us, so we had some selection, somthing like that might work. We always bought just a 5x7, but I know that they had larger packages with different sizes available.

On two different occasions at OKW this summer we saw families having portraits taken by Disney CMs.Never thought to ask how to go about it, but I'm sure someone on here can help you out.Sounds like a great idea.Have a wonderful stay.:D

When we were at WDW in July, I remember reading about a professional photographer being available for family photos around the park. One think I did notice, at all the character stops (other than those on the walkways), they had a professional photographer taking pictures. You were handed a number and could view the photos usually within 2 hours at a shop near the entrance of the park. There is also a Mickey 'n You Photo available at Studio M in downtown disney.

Tammi

Yes, you can use the same folks that do the wedding/honeymoon photos (easiest way to find them is probably to call the WDW Wedding number - they'll point you in the right direction). IIRC, a 2 hour session in the park of your choice, complete with an album of 20 5x7's is ~ $300. You can, of course, order more prints in whatever size you want.

When we renewed our vows a few years back, we wanted it captured by a photographer. And we were hoping someone could also videotape our little ceremony. We did NOT want to spend an arm and a leg for this.

So, we contacted a university near Orlando (Central Florida State, perhaps?)...which has a film department. We called a professor, who recommended a grad student who could videotape us, and who even was able to "produce" a video that he set to music. It was wonderful.

He, in turn, knew a photographer who took some wonderful, professional-quality shots for us at a fraction of the cost.

Anyway: that's another way to go if you want to get some nice pictures at a nice (or nicer) price.

We were very satisifed with the results!

We had our family portraits taken at WDW in 2000.
Call Disney and ask for the number for Disney Photographic Services.

I don't remember pricing, but there is a sitting fee and they send you your proofs in a great folio with all the order information. We were very pleased. When I called I asked for information and samples to be sent to me and I recieved a number of wallet sized sample that reassured me this was what we wanted.

When we did ours they would meet you anywhere on property for an hour. We did our at OKW since it was where we were staying and our home DVC resort. Our photographer, Vicki, was wonderful and did a great job.

I hope this helps. I will post again if I find the number.

Shana Baert
Disney Photographic Services
407-827-1578
407-827-5055 (fax)

This is the person I worked with to book the appointment.

From the DVC members only website:

- - - - - - -
Disney's Photographic Services:
A family portrait taken at Walt Disney World® Resort will become one of your most treasured vacation memories. Whether you are a family of four or 24, Disney's Photographic Services will customize your portrait session to accommodate you. One of their highly creative professional photographers will meet your family at one Walt Disney World Resort location of your choice. The price of your session includes the sitting fee and all of your proofs (presentation prints), as well as a multi-print folio showcasing images from your portrait session. As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you will receive a 10% discount on the sitting fee. For more details, call Disney's Photographic Services at 407-827-5099.
- - - - - - -

And from the Disney Club members only website:

- - - - - - -

Record Your Family Vacation - Professionally!

Disney Event Productions specializes in family photography. And, our experienced team of professional photographers can preserve your special memories by photographing your family in some of the most unique locations!
Portrait sessions are offered at the Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels and Theme Parks. Session includes presentation prints and a folio showcasing images from your portrait session. Now Disney Club members can receive a 10% discount on family portraits and a free 8X10 photo of your choice.

To take advantage of this offer, schedule your portrait session by calling Disney Event Productions at (407) 827-5099. Please submit coupon to photographer at the session and provide your Disney Club Membership Number.

This offer is valid now through September 30, 2002.

Offer Limitations:
Must submit coupon to photographer at the session. Must have valid Disney Club Membership Card. Non transferable. Cannot be combined with any other discount, offer, package or promotion.

Advanced reservations are required and are taken Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST. Excludes tax. All prices are subject to change without notice and rate may be increased on holidays.
- - - - - - -

Thanks everybody for the great information. Sorry that it took me afew days to respond. I don't get on my computer much when I am home and do not have internet access at work anymore.

I wrote everything down and I am going to check it all out!

Thanks to everyone who helped me out... I really appreciate it.

:cool:

There is also a photo studio over at Downtown Disney. They will take the picture with your family and Mickey included. Very nice work. A year ago we had a picture taken of DS (then 18) and Mickey. What a hoot! I'm sure we'll cherish that picture forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter