Proposed Disneyland Hotel Tower additional details

The article doesn’t seem to say: would the studios sleep 5? My family is only interested in studios if they have 3 beds / sleep 5, as my boys don’t like to share a bed.

Honestly, we much prefer 1 and 2 Bedrooms for the space and kitchens

Wow! Great find, thanks for posting.

I didn't realize there was enough room behind the tower to do an L shape and a pool. I thought we were looking at just another tower to match the other three. I also assumed the new pool was going in the main complex to increase capacity (like GCH three pools). It looks like it could be a DVC only pool. But I'm sure members will still want to use the monorail slides/pools. Interesting.

I like how they present the star-step building as a gift to the neighborhood. I suspect it's more about allowing sunshine on the pool for more of the year. But I guess it serves both purposes. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

I think DVC has nailed it with their room mix. With VGC having 23+23+23+2 and DL proposed to have 38tower, 271+19+20+2

VGC studios are probably the toughest get of any in DVC portfolio and if you disagree, you must surely agree to at least top 3?

VGC studio pretty much sold out for non home resort

VGC 1 bed is currently available for 12/18-12/20 at 76pts per

VGC 2 bed is currently available 12/17 52, 12/18 and 19 108pts per and 20 and 21 at 87pts per

3 bedroom available 18th-24th

...so those that are saying need more 1 and 2 bedroom, well can own less expensive $dvc points like SSR and able to book VGC 1+ bedroom right now at the 7 month mark 🤣

DL is going to sell out fast once they start pre-selling.

I know Disney has a certain number of timeshares they’re allowed to build in Anaheim. Does this addition use all of that allotment?

I know Disney has a certain number of timeshares they’re allowed to build in Anaheim. Does this addition use all of that allotment?
It uses more than is allowed in the zoning code, so this requires Anaheim to actually change the code to approve it.

I thought that might be the case. Is it likely that Anaheim will do that?

I thought that might be the case. Is it likely that Anaheim will do that?
Really hard to say. Last time Disney tried to get them to change that part of code they tried without a formal plan to use the expansion and were denied. It appears the approach this time is to request modification or variance based on a real proposal.

We’ll be following this development. I hope it’s approved and Disney goes forward with the plans. We’ll be in unless we find a great VGC contract to buy.

Not an easy approval process- but very glad to see Disney’s still pursuing it (they must know it’s a total winner if they can just get it built). Would love to add on a smaller contract there to complement our primary at BLT...

Any idea when they will start offering these for sale?
Probably within a few months of opening. I believe Riviera sales started in March and it opened in December last year. There’s Reflection resort that’ll go on sale before this.

Really hard to say. Last time Disney tried to get them to change that part of code they tried without a formal plan to use the expansion and were denied. It appears the approach this time is to request modification or variance based on a real proposal.

They may have a better chance of getting the approvals they need now that they have a definite plan in place. I would think it would be very hard to get an approval based on some abstract idea, formal plan would work much better.

First, they have to get approval to even build.

Agree

I think DVC has nailed it with their room mix. With VGC having 23+23+23+2 and DL proposed to have 38tower, 271+19+20+2

VGC studios are probably the toughest get of any in DVC portfolio and if you disagree, you must surely agree to at least top 3?

VGC studio pretty much sold out for non home resort

VGC 1 bed is currently available for 12/18-12/20 at 76pts per

VGC 2 bed is currently available 12/17 52, 12/18 and 19 108pts per and 20 and 21 at 87pts per

3 bedroom available 18th-24th

...so those that are saying need more 1 and 2 bedroom, well can own less expensive $dvc points like SSR and able to book VGC 1+ bedroom right now at the 7 month mark 🤣

DL is going to sell out fast once they start pre-selling.

I agree, I’m super happy about the +++ studios in the mix. I own at VGC and originally dismissed buying direct here (direct is usually just not worth it), but now I’ll be watching much more closely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!