Pro's and Con's of Disney World in June

the cons H E A T beyond belief. i am so glad june, july, august and sept r not the only months i have to go. i couldn't and wouldn't that kind of heat is simply dangerous esp to elders and young ones.

Two reasons to pick another time to visit; HEAT and CROWDS. My DD8 and I just visited last week. I have now adjusted dates we will visit and May is no longer on the list. crowds were light and that was great but that heat was something.

We hit the parks in the mornings and evenings then spent afternoons in the pools trying to stay cool.

We will be there June 11-17 and I am NOT looking forward to the heat. I have cancelled all of our lunch ressies since it looks like we will need to go back to the POFQ for lunch, naps and a swim in the pool to cool off. I just hope our 7 yr old twins will be able to stay up late so we can enjoy the late night parades and fireworks.

I went around June 20th for a week, last year. I didn't think the crowds were bad but I used the TouringPlans crowd calendar. Of course it was hot but there's plenty to do to beat the heat. The two things that bothered me about the heat were "odors" and an aversion to drinking alcohol. I planned on trying a couple of highly recommended drinks...grey goose slushie in France was one...but found it too hot to consider drinking alcohol.

I love the long park hours. Once you've visited during a time of year when the parks are all closed by 10pm, you'll appreciate the longer summer hours.

There are so many delicious frozen treats to try...frozen lemonade, dole whips, etc. Those things just taste better in heat.

Water parks. With older kids, the water parks are very popular.

(Before some DIS "expert" shows up and claims there is no such thing as all parks being closed by 10pm, that was just an approximation).

PROS:
fewer rehabs going on
you're not at work

CONS:
heat
humidity
rain
hurricane season
humongous crowds
tons of local kids running rampant
high tempers due to crowds and heat

Sorry, but not even for a free trip could you get me down there in the summer

The cons of going in June is, of course, the heat, and the crowds. But there is a few tid bits I think work...if you wait to eat lunch around 2 to 4pm, the restaurants are less crowded (and the menu's usually cheaper) and you'll be able to have a nice sit-down meal inside wile the heat is at it's worst. And, crowd-wise...the lines can be long! If you are waiting in line the splits into (like Kilimanjaro Safaris and the Tower of Terror) always go left--it's human instinct to go right, so therefore the right line will usually be much longer.

The pro's during going in June is that the parks stay open later! It's fun to ride most of the rides at night! And besides, after Wishes fireworks ends at Magic Kingdom and everyone's rushing to get out of the park, go take a ride on Jungle Cruise (the CM's are funnier then!) wile the park clears and it'll be much easier to get out. (And taking the ferry back instead of the monorail is quicker too, and you can enjoy the cool breeze and the light show on the water!)

Hope this helps!

I find June to be hotter and more crowded than August. Not as many rain storms in my experience...but HOT HOT HOT. I thought it would be like August, I was prepared for that kind of heat...but seriously, it felt like we were standing in an oven some days. :scared1:

it was nice having dry weather the entire trip but the heat was unreal.

I wanted to "like" this post because I haven't seen you post in so long! I miss your trip reports, CampbellScot. I hope all is well with you and the family!:goodvibes

June is way too hot and the crowds are really big. I swore I'd never do a summer Disney trip again and haven't. :thumbsup2

We go in June because the kids are out of school. We love the night EMH and after thunderstorms. It is crowded but not too crowded. When it gets hot we go back to the hotel and cool off.

We just got back...:cool1:

The heat was C-R-A-Z-Y:scared1:

A con I haven't seen above are the Brazilian Groups that are touring all of the parks. They all wear the same shirts. And if they are heading towards a ride that you want to get on....RUN!

We're taking our first June trip next summer for our birthdays and I can't wait. I was there in June back in 1991 and it was CROWDED! The pre-fastpass days and lines were LONG. I think we'll do pretty well..we always make rope drop and know how to use fastpass like champs! We will have a 2 year old though so hopefully she can deal with heat. We took the older kids in August 2009 when I was pregnant with her and it very hot. We made the best of it though and I had no complaints!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter