Pros and cons of Wonder to Alaska in August

lwilliam

<font color=deeppink>Goofylover<br><font color=tea
this was our 26th Disney cruise, been on all ships, never to Alaska or Europe.
Pros: I didn’t have a desire to go to Alaska…never did….am I glad I did, HECK YES. Loved Vancouver, LOVED IT….the scenery in Alaska is breathtaking. The ports are great…we lucked out, no rain in ports (till last sea day in morning) glacier day my favorite. We are from Florida, we had enough clothing to keep us warm Glacier Day. Other port stops, wore a light rain coat with sweatshirt.
Pro: Canadians are so friendly, you needed directions? They were willing to almost walk you there.
Pro: the terminal knew what they were doing, OMG….when we went out of New Orleans, they had no clue. Honestly, walked right to each stop in terminal and waiting in terminal in no time. Kudos to Canada (again).

Cons: staff on Wonder…had the worst dining team in 26 cruises. Great room steward though. Entertainment staff not as friendly as Fantasy. Sad characters didn’t wear Alaskan outfits more often. Entertainment in French Quarter…not so talented. Not best cruise and asst cruise director ever had. Wonder moved down the list to four (haven’t sailed Wish) Vibration in cabin was bad (aft)..so loud. We will take Wonder if ever she sails to Hawaii. Nothing bad about ports, nothing. A lot of things to go thru when sailing out of Canada…customs coming in (at 11:30 at night), customs closed when flying out (seriously?!)…I’m sure it will be the same out of Europe…too bad cheapest flights from east coast are late at night. Must say, food was very good. Didn’t like the menu one night but didn’t ask for something from other dining room like I always do, our waiter and asst waiter and head steward couldn’t have handled it…2-1/2 hours for a meal is too long (PALO yes, dining room no), yes we spoke to head steward, fixed for 2 nights but not for other tables.
oh, PALO brunch (which we had to get on ship), excellent as always.
Wish Disney would go back to the old perks for platinum.
any questions?

Where was your stateroom? We sailed to Alaska in an aft deck 5 navigator's verandah, and didn't have problems with major vibrations or noise. Except of course, for the few minutes when the ship is backing out, but that is literally only a few minutes.

Where was your stateroom? We sailed to Alaska in an aft deck 5 navigator's verandah, and didn't have problems with major vibrations or noise. Except of course, for the few minutes when the ship is backing out, but that is literally only a few minutes.
Stateroom 5128

Hi, we are on the Wonder right now! The ship is about 900 guests under capacity. We have an excellent serving team! Second seating and fast service. Just the two of us so that helps. We are aft and there has been loud vibrations. Warm and sunny weather. Wearing shorts in port!

Okay, that was less aft then the stateroom I had. Was the extreme vibration and noise constant / long-lasting, or just when pulling into/out of port?
The vibration was NOT extreme…..u just felt the vibration when going to sleep….didn’t stop us from sleeping😂

I wonder if the aft vibration increased after they hit the ice on the one sailing. I know they did a repair while in Vancouver after that but wonder if more is needed to decrease the vibrations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter