Protecting your Mickey Ears

shaunaday

Disney is my jam!
I love Mickey Ears and have recently splurged on some really cute ones! I want to protect them between trips and while in transit...please share your favorite tips!

The best way to protect them in transit is to wear them! I actually do wear them at the airport for this reason because I don’t have a lot of space in my carry-on.

In my park bag I will use a gallon ziplock for protection.

I store them in a plastic bin at home...nothing fancy but it keeps the dust and mice out.

My wife typically takes 5 or 6 on our 10-12 day trips. Ha
She keeps them in individual plastic bags and she transport them inside of shorter cardboard boxes, usually 2 or 3 in each box with tissue paper inside. (Box tape to keep them closed. Ha)
The boxes fit on one side of her checked suitcase. She stacks her shorts and t-shirts on top of them and then zips up the cover on that side.
She usually brings a pair on the plane that she carries on as well.
At the house she just keeps the ears in the plastic bags and keeps them in the cardboard boxes, taped up and stacked in the closet.
Her ear game is serious business! LOL

My wife typically takes 5 or 6 on our 10-12 day trips. Ha
She keeps them in individual plastic bags and she transport them inside of shorter cardboard boxes, usually 2 or 3 in each box with tissue paper inside. (Box tape to keep them closed. Ha)
The boxes fit on one side of her checked suitcase. She stacks her shorts and t-shirts on top of them and then zips up the cover on that side.
She usually brings a pair on the plane that she carries on as well.
At the house she just keeps the ears in the plastic bags and keeps them in the cardboard boxes, taped up and stacked in the closet.
Her ear game is serious business! LOL

I like her style! 😉 I’m definitely going to be on the lookout for a sturdy cardboard box for my suitcase!

I typically bring a pair of ears for each day we're at the parks. The more delicate ones (like Wicked Ears' blingy ears) I'll wrap in tissue paper and have them inside a gallon bag. Sandwiching them between clothes helps.

There's also things like Main Street Press' PARC Pack for both travel and storage!

I have well over 20 pairs of ears in various stages of "fanciness", lol. Full sequins, beading, plain...small shop and official disney ones. I display them on a shelf in my closet at home, but when I pack them I just place them between my packed clothes in my suitcase. I've never kept them in a bag or box or done anything special with them. They've never bent, never lost any embellishments, or broken in any way. Maybe I'm just lucky!! They range from 6 years to 6 months old and all of them are in perfect shape.

I use a flat plastic storage bin. We put my daughter’s ears and other headbands in, then add a t-shirt to make sure nothing moves in transit and never had a problem. Well, I will say that I also bring the glue gun too just in case one of the ears does come off. The container is 12 x 10 x 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter