PS on Silver Plan

Cailin'sMom

Mouseketeer
I know that I am probably going to sound like a fanatic, but I am trying to decide about our PS already (although we do not go until Dec 4.) I am an intense planner (my family considers me their personal travel agent)

I want to make the best use of my wishes, So I am trying to build an itinerary. Please give me ideas/opinions. (We will have a total of 20)

Sat. 12/4 arrive at WDW early afternoon & Rest then 7:15 HDDR (2 wishes)

Sun 12/5 MK day: try for Cindy's breakfast, light lunch then to POP for nap (DD 2 1/2)
still unsure for dinner but have tickets for MVMCP (4 wishes for day)

Mon 12/6 AK in morning probably light B & L, to POP for rest
EPCOT for evening, PS at Coral Reef and CP (4 wishes)

Tues 12/7 MGM day
unsure for B & L
Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose (2 wishes)

Wed. 12/8 Start Day at MK or EPCOT depending on SPECTRO
CB at either Crystal Palace, or Princess Storybook in EPCOT
We would like to have a nice dinner here, either at a Resort or EPCOT (would we be better off to forego the CB and use extra wishes for a nicer restaurant ) (CB will be 2 wishes dinner will be 2 or 4)

Thurs 12/9 depart for home. One last CB at Chef Mickey's before we return (2 wishes)

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Overall the plan sounds great, esp with a 2 1/2 year old, but before we continue, why are you using the silver plan?

a) for convience sake? then everything looks great

b) to save money? I wouldn't waste wishes on the character breakfasts or buffets. It's just paying too much. Each wish is worth $32-34. A buffet is at most 25 (a breakfast buffet is closer to 15 or 20). I just hate to see you waste money like that:(

Things like HDDR are great. I would trade the fantasmic package for a nice dinner at Brown Derby--better use of wishes, and in early December, seating is not a problem

Dinner before MVMCP could be something at one of the close by resorts, perhaps Kona Cafe (Poly) or the Concourse Steakhouse (Contemp). It'll give you a little break from the park, and would be good places to make the most of your wishes.

I just used the silver plan in April, and only used wishes on meals/dinner shows. We came out ahead about $100.00. Let me know if you have any questions:)

Hi there Cailin's Mom :wave:

I am in the middle of planning our PS's right now for our Sept trip.I am very much trying to make sure we get our wish value.
I've even gone as far as printing out menus from:
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm
and figuring up the meal prices :crazy:

I agree that breakfasts are definitely not a good choice for the silver plan.Even a 16.99 breakfast buffet will only top out at about $22.00 with tax and gratuity.
But having said that----if you have a few other meals that would have cost you over 34.00 per person, it can kind of balance out in the long run.But I am not planning more than two breakfasts for our 7 night stay.

For your MK day, before you go back to MVMCP, you could try a nice meal at one of the surrounding resorts.
Personally, my fav is 'Ohana at the Polynesian.
You could very easily bus over to MK from POP, then take the boat over to the Polynesian and then back again for MVMCP.

On Monday 12/6 when you go back to Epcot for the evening,you may want to rethink Coral Reef. While it is a nice restaurant, and the food is okay, I don't think it is worth 2 wishes. Remember that is 68.00 PER PERSON.
Take a look at their menu and see if you would be getting your wish worth there.
I would consider one of the World Showcase restaurants. If you are steak eaters, try LeCellier in Canada.
Another favorite of ours is Teppanyaki in the Japan pavillion.But there are so many to choose from.

At MGM, you could try Scf-Fi or 50's Prime Time.

I could probably help more if I knew what kind of food tastes you have.

Just let me know.
~Chris

Thanks. I have been rethinking Coral Reef as well. The food is really not worth the price when there are so many other good restaurants that are only 1 wish.

We chose the silver plan mainly for the convenience. However, I do see your point about the character breakfasts...so we may rethink that as well and possibly just pay for the ones that we do.

Also, thanks for the advice about eating prior to the MVMCP. I had been considering eating at one of the close resorts, and I think that you have made up my mind. We really don't like LTT and were planning on eating at Crystal Palace later in the week. We also don't care for CRT for Dinner and was unsure about Tony's. The only reason that we would stay in the park, would be to get a jump on the party, but depending on DD nap time, that may not be an issue anyway.

Again, Thanks for the input...keep it coming.
:earsgirl:

Originally posted by Cailin'sMom
I had been considering eating at one of the close resorts, and I think that you have made up my mind. We really don't like LTT and were planning on eating at Crystal Palace later in the week. We also don't care for CRT for Dinner and was unsure about Tony's. The only reason that we would stay in the park, would be to get a jump on the party, but depending on DD nap time, that may not be an issue anyway.
:earsgirl:

And, if like you mentioned, you go back to POP for a nap, then leaving to go back to MK a bit early and scootong over to 'Ohana or another close resort eatery, would be a breeze.
Another option for 'Ohana is to take the monorail from MK.

Can you tell I really like 'Ohana????:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

~Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter