PTR- will be a TRIP Report- RPR Sept 24 - 28, 2018

Sounds like a fun trip and let me add my congratulations on your weight loss :thumbsup2
I lost 70 lbs a few years ago and slowly have gained 30 back so I know how hard it is...now I'm on a self imposed challenge to lose at least 20 by our trip in September.

Looks like we will be there at the same time by a day or 2 ...hope we see you in the parks. You will love the Harry Potter areas and all the new stuff that's been done since you visited.

Sounds like a fun trip and let me add my congratulations on your weight loss :thumbsup2
I lost 70 lbs a few years ago and slowly have gained 30 back so I know how hard it is...now I'm on a self imposed challenge to lose at least 20 by our trip in September.

Looks like we will be there at the same time by a day or 2 ...hope we see you in the parks. You will love the Harry Potter areas and all the new stuff that's been done since you visited.

Congrats on your loss as well. I find that its 'almost' easier to lose than it is to maintain. Good luck on your goal!

How fun would it be to see each other in the parks! Yay!

We’ll call you Ms Bullock .....

I do the same thing on what you mentioned for this upcoming
trip
Food planning

I make my trips long so I can hit all the places for their great menus

I think this is another valid reason for the AP- I didnt get to try all the food I wanted so we HAVE to go back!

So I've been thinking about a list of things that are most important or what I refer to 'don't miss' and I know we have lots of time (and I would like to take our time). There's so many new things that I dont know about (and I dont know what I dont know) so here's what I got so far:

The queue lines that are interactive (with EP we would tend to skip these):
Kong
All the Harry Potter Queues

Others:

talking fountain
moaning myrtle bathroom

I have not read Harry Potter, and I think I saw one or 2 of the movies. Its not that I dont like it; its more that I was too old when it came out (ie kids younger than me were reading it) - and I dont have kids now to share it with. I thought of starting to read them now- but I think my plan now is to read them AFTER- so when I go back Ill know more (see what I did there.....AP!)

Right now I am on a quest for the perfect shoe- I have always had problems with my feet on vacations that require lots of walking. I wear the shoes before I go and I still end up with blisters that make walking very painful. I have purchased about 10 pairs of shoes and returned all of them (merrells, Tevas, Clarks). I ended up keeping one pair and I wore them to a local amusement park and I got a blister, so now those cannot go on vacation. I have one more pair arriving today-- fingers crossed that these work!

This is basically my stream of consciousness posts- Im doing this so when Im at US I can pull up this thread and all my ideas are here.

If anyone has any other suggestions please post. I'd love to hear others must do's so I can do them too!

I have not read the potter books or watched the movies but still enjoyed the potter sections in the parks.
It was easy to figure out as so many that were standing near me, talked about basic info they knew.

So I eaves dropped........lol

I think you will catch on to the potter theme without having all the background info.

Right now I am on a quest for the perfect shoe- I have always had problems with my feet on vacations that require lots of walking

The best I've found are the Crocs sandals- not the original ones but the sandal ones with a little heel for support.

I have not read the potter books or watched the movies but still enjoyed the potter sections in the parks.
It was easy to figure out as so many that were standing near me, talked about basic info they knew.

I think you will catch on to the potter theme without having all the background info.

Same here! Haven't read the books- have seen parts of the movies but love the HP areas! I appreciate all the details and really don't know the story behind them!

So I've been thinking about a list of things that are most important or what I refer to 'don't miss' and I know we have lots of time (and I would like to take our time). There's so many new things that I dont know about (and I dont know what I dont know) so here's what I got so far:

The queue lines that are interactive (with EP we would tend to skip these):
Kong
All the Harry Potter Queues

Others:

talking fountain
moaning myrtle bathroom

I have not read Harry Potter, and I think I saw one or 2 of the movies. Its not that I dont like it; its more that I was too old when it came out (ie kids younger than me were reading it) - and I dont have kids now to share it with. I thought of starting to read them now- but I think my plan now is to read them AFTER- so when I go back Ill know more (see what I did there.....AP!)

Right now I am on a quest for the perfect shoe- I have always had problems with my feet on vacations that require lots of walking. I wear the shoes before I go and I still end up with blisters that make walking very painful. I have purchased about 10 pairs of shoes and returned all of them (merrells, Tevas, Clarks). I ended up keeping one pair and I wore them to a local amusement park and I got a blister, so now those cannot go on vacation. I have one more pair arriving today-- fingers crossed that these work!

This is basically my stream of consciousness posts- Im doing this so when Im at US I can pull up this thread and all my ideas are here.

If anyone has any other suggestions please post. I'd love to hear others must do's so I can do them too!

How did you get on with your sandal search??

I wear a mix of merrells terran cross2 sandals which you said were no use to you...….I also wear tennis shoes some days in the park. My other sandals are Croc Patricia.....but wouldn't recommend them for long days walking as they have no support whatsoever.....I only wear them for short burst of time.

It`s so difficult to find the right shoe sometime......especially for long park days...…..

Have you tried using body glide on your feet? I put it on where they can rub sometimes and it does make a difference. And I use padded molefoam on the soles which "touch wood" I`ve avoided that hot spot blister last few years...…...

Oh thats good to know! I think Ill eaves drop as well!

The best I've found are the Crocs sandals- not the original ones but the sandal ones with a little heel for support.

Same here! Haven't read the books- have seen parts of the movies but love the HP areas! I appreciate all the details and really don't know the story behind them!

I have not tried crocs, so thanks for the suggestion. I think the outlet mall near here has a store!

How did you get on with your sandal search??

I wear a mix of merrells terran cross2 sandals which you said were no use to you...….I also wear tennis shoes some days in the park. My other sandals are Croc Patricia.....but wouldn't recommend them for long days walking as they have no support whatsoever.....I only wear them for short burst of time.

It`s so difficult to find the right shoe sometime......especially for long park days...…..

Have you tried using body glide on your feet? I put it on where they can rub sometimes and it does make a difference. And I use padded molefoam on the soles which "touch wood" I`ve avoided that hot spot blister last few years...…...

I found a pair of merrells that I think will work. Im trying to wear them as often as possible. I have heard of body glide but never tried it. Im going to get some for this trip - I really dont want to have bad feet. Ill also pack a very large pack of band aids! :thumbsup2

75 sleeps until vacation!

Im trying not to rush it- but I hope it gets here soon!

I have not watched any HP movies- but I did watch Jurassic Park this weekend. its been a long time since I've seen it (cough*25 years*cough) - and I was really impressed how the ride is so much like the movie- Im sure that obvious to most but seeing the movie really reminded me of that- so Im guessing HP theme-ing will be that and more!

I've been doing some shopping (because everyone needs new clothes for vacation!) got some shorts (which I would normally never wear) but now I like. Still need to get some tank tops because I know its going to be hot (yay!)

I found a pair of merrells that I think will work. Im trying to wear them as often as possible. I have heard of body glide but never tried it. Im going to get some for this trip - I really dont want to have bad feet. Ill also pack a very large pack of band aids! :thumbsup2

I love Merrells!!! For me I wish they had a bit more of a wedge as I have dodgy heels, but they are so comfy and as long as alternated with other good supporting sandals or tennis shoes, they’re fine........hope they are comfy for you........and yes try bodyglide........it’s been a godsend some trips!!

75 sleeps until vacation!

Im trying not to rush it- but I hope it gets here soon!

I have not watched any HP movies- but I did watch Jurassic Park this weekend. its been a long time since I've seen it (cough*25 years*cough) - and I was really impressed how the ride is so much like the movie- Im sure that obvious to most but seeing the movie really reminded me of that- so Im guessing HP theme-ing will be that and more!

I've been doing some shopping (because everyone needs new clothes for vacation!) got some shorts (which I would normally never wear) but now I like. Still need to get some tank tops because I know its going to be hot (yay!)

75 sleeps will fly past!!!

Love JP movie........

HP theming will blow you away!! No doubt about it........you’ll be so impressed........

Oh everyone definitely needs new clothes for trips!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!