Public transportation

junebug47

Earning My Ears
Is there a Metro that connects Anaheim with LA? We want to go from Dophin's Cove in Anaheim to LA (hoping to get in The Price is Right). Any pointers on this? We have a car, but I'm concerned about the traffic. Help!!

OMG, the price is right!! My favorite game show of all time!! How do you get on that show. Not, as if I have any time. In which I can dedicate to sit in the audience. Unless, I knocked off a Universal day. Oh, how I wish I could go! I am so very interested to know the answer to how to sit in the Price is Right audience! Please someone help answer the OP!!

Op, I will be taking the red line from hollywood, and highland. To, union station. Then onto the amtrak to anaheim. Yes, it does seem like alot. But hey. I am a diehard Disney fanatic. So, I will adapt!! :goodvibes

To get from Anaheim the Price Is Right, the fastest way--even w/traffic--is to drive. If you choose not to, it's still possible to get there using public transportation, but be sure to allow plenty of time for transfers.

From Anaheim, you can take the Metrolink or Amtrak train up to LA's Union Station (downtown). From there, you will need to transfer to the Metro Red Line subway. This station runs 2 trains, so be sure you get on one that says "North Hollywood" and NOT "Wilshire and Western".

You will need to get off at the "Hollywood & Highland" station and then catch a metro bus #217 westbound. Get off at Beverly & Fairfax and the CBS Television Studion where show is filmed should be right across the street.

If you get there early, there's a little shopping area called The Grove & Farmers Market where you can grab something to eat.

Just an FYI, the Metrolink and the Metro are 2 different systems. You will need to check the Metrolink website for ticket price up to LA. But I suggest you buy a 1 day pass when using the Metro system. It's only $3 and can be used on all subway/lightrail/bus lines.

Kitsch, thank you very much for this information. I have 3 more questions though. When I am going from hollywood to anaheim. And taking the Metro, (the Red line from hollywood/highland). What subway do I get on?? To reach union station. And, is there anything we have to do, or have to get to get into a taping of the Price is right? What days do they tape? As, I will only be availabel either Wednesday, or Saturday. Do they even tape those days? Thanks in advance for taking the time to post!!

At the Hollywood/Highland station, there are 2 tracks. One side goes to North Hollywood and the other goes to Union Station. They are clearly marked, so I'm sure you won't have a problem choosing the right train.

Can't really answer the question about Price Is Right as I've never been to a taping, but here's a link that should answer some of your questions.

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/price/tickets/

I just took a look at the trip planner on http://www.mta.net and it advised taking the Red Line to the Vermont/Beverly station, then the #14 bus west from there. This is based on a starting location of Union Station and a destination of 7800 Beverly Blvd, which is the address given in the cbs.com link above. I'd suggest giving the trip planner a look, plugging in your own start times just to make sure the buses are running at the times you need them. (Looking at the cbs.com page, it sounds like you need to get there very early - 8am or before that.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter