Purchasing as a Corporation

zakdavid

Mouseketeer
In Today's episode of @WebmasterPete 's DVC Show it was mentioned that if you own DVC in a corporation Annual Dues are significantly higher than owning as an individual. I was curious if anyone here owns in corporation and if so can you share what your dues are per point and for which resort so we can see what the surcharge is.

In Today's episode of @WebmasterPete 's DVC Show it was mentioned that if you own DVC in a corporation Annual Dues are significantly higher than owning as an individual. I was curious if anyone here owns in corporation and if so can you share what your dues are per point and for which resort so we can see what the surcharge is.
I heard this in the episode and I’d be surprised if this is true. It doesn’t show anywhere (income or cost) on the annual budgets nor does is show anywhere in the POS as a surcharge that be applicable. I will warn take everything they say in the podcast with a grain of salt as they often are mistaken on facts, though it’s a good intro to DVC.

I heard this in the episode and I’d be surprised if this is true. It doesn’t show anywhere (income or cost) on the annual budgets nor does is show anywhere in the POS as a surcharge that be applicable. I will warn take everything they say in the podcast with a grain of salt as they often are mistaken on facts, though it’s a good intro to DVC.
I just called my guide and they said it’s not true. Doesn’t matter who owns it it’s all
The same

I will warn take everything they say in the podcast with a grain of salt as they often are mistaken on facts, though it’s a good intro to DVC.
True. I follow the ROFR thread pretty closely and a lot of the info they gave out on last weeks episode about pricing was a bit off too. As an example they said don’t bother offering $165 for VGF contract it won’t pass, but in fact that price and lower has been getting through lately. I have to remind myself that the show is sponsored by a dvc resale company so I’m sure they don’t want to encourage low prices. Always good to do additional research beyond just watching the show.

I love watching the Dvc show. Pete is awesome as a host.
I’ve gone back and watched almost the whole year’s worth of episodes. Some of them are so in depth and give a wealth of information. They really helped me a lot during my Dvc journey.
The last two episodes however have been disappointing.
Last week’s episode about making offers seemed like a 20 minute advertisement for the sponsor. Seemed like there were so many things they didn’t talk about that are important to know when making an offer.

Today’s episode as well, seemed very rushed and with multiple factual errors in which resorts had higher and lower dues.

True. I follow the ROFR thread pretty closely and a lot of the info they gave out on last weeks episode about pricing was a bit off too. As an example they said don’t bother offering $165 for VGF contract it won’t pass, but in fact that price and lower has been getting through lately. I have to remind myself that the show is sponsored by a dvc resale company so I’m sure they don’t want to encourage low prices. Always good to do additional research beyond just watching the show.
Also keep in mind they film these shows in advance so probably VGF wasn’t passing at 165. It seemed like Disney stopped taking anything for a while.

Yeah, the corporate price difference doesn’t make sense.

The cost to run your resort is divided by the total number of points owned. That can’t possibly change based on who (or what) owns them. Imagine if a corporation sold their points to an individual. There would then be a budget shortfall.

I wondered if Disney possibly charged extra fees above the annual dues. That’s the only thing I could think of if they show info was accurate.

Also keep in mind they film these shows in advance so probably VGF wasn’t passing at 165. It seemed like Disney stopped taking anything for a while.
Christmas decorations were down in the studio so I think it was filmed in the new year and that resort and some others have been passing pretty low for months now. I passed BLT at $135 in October after seeing others pass between $130 and $135 which is $20 per point than a lot of the BLT contracts listed on DVC store site. Even though in the show they said don’t offer $20 less that won’t pass either. I know VGF has been passing lower for awhile now too but I haven’t been watching that as closely since my heart was set on BLT as a second home.

I didn’t listen to it. Did it say annual DUES are higher if a contract is owned by a corporation, or annual COSTS are higher? A corporation may have annual costs (filing fee with the state, etc) which are not dvc related, but which result in it being more expensive if a contract is owned by a corp rather than an individual.

I didn’t listen to it. Did it say annual DUES are higher if a contract is owned by a corporation, or annual COSTS are higher? A corporation may have annual costs (filing fee with the state, etc) which are not dvc related, but which result in it being more expensive if a contract is owned by a corp rather than an individual.
They said the amount owed to DVC is higher (and by hundreds). I’m fairly certain they were stating the dues as the rest of the costs are payable to third parties and wouldn’t be on the bill from DVC (as they said it would show).

They said the amount owed to DVC is higher (and by hundreds). I’m fairly certain they were stating the dues as the rest of the costs are payable to third parties and wouldn’t be on the bill from DVC (as they said it would show).
Yah they said dues several times

They definitely said the dues/MF were higher. All I can think is that the property tax portion could be higher. I don't know Florida property tax rules, but I know several states charge property tax differently to individuals and corporations. My property tax portion runs about $1.30 per point per year. If corps paid double that, it would be $2.60. So 200 points would be $260 extra. That sounded like the range of additional cost she was referring to.

...All I can think is that the property tax portion could be higher. I don't know Florida property tax rules, but I know several states charge property tax differently to individuals and corporations. ...

I also thought that comment was odd. I don't really understand how DVD/DVC could charge more depending on the owner. I had the same thought... maybe your tax liability to the government or state is higher rather than what you owe to DVD/DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter