Put On Your Sunday Clothes, There's Disney World Out There! - Wilderness Lodge

Hi Katie. Life is rather overwhelming right now and it's all I can do to read... which I did. And enjoyed every bit of each update very, very much! You two were having such a wonderful time! :goodvibes

What a wonderful trip! We're staying at WL this December and I am so excited (and your pictures make me even MORE excited to stay there!)

I got some entertainment sat out on the balcony tonight because there was a boat captain on the Wilderness, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness route who was singing “Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” SUPER loud.
Every 15 minutes I heard faint singing, looked up, and his boat was approaching :laughing:
By the time he got to the Wilderness dock I could hear him so loud and clearly, just absolutely belting it.
It was so funny :lmao:

43275581871_c4995021a5_b.jpg

I LOVE THIS BALCONY.

28406121227_8dd77b13e5_b.jpg

28406120317_39821455e9_b.jpg

I believe you heard Martin "the singing" boat driver. We meet him and his wife on our trip in July 2017!! His wife works at Geyser Point Bar & Grill and he drives the boats. We really enjoyed talking with them. We had just taken the boat and had him as our captain and then went to eat at Geyser point. We were telling our waitress, his wife, about this awesome boat driver and she said " that's my husband!"

Ha! I love that he did it enough that you could get a video of it.

I think he's the king of goofy walks, I have a lot of footage of him doing it down the hotel corridors too :laughing:

We haven’t been there yet. But we did go when it was Pizza Planet, and I think the biggest complaint is that it is literally the same food from before.

Yeah I don't think PizzeRizzo is particularly different, they just steralised the interior, and didn't really add anything to do with the Muppets! I think they could've done a lot better! :confused3

Just found and read your whole TR!

Love it!!! :lovestruc:figment:

Yay thanks so much! GAH I have more written out I just need to post it all!

coconut = not good

Pedro I don't like coconut in my sweet treats either, but I promise the coconut in the magical cookie bar is not coconutty at all! I didn't even know it contained coconut until you told me! :laughing:

:laughing: So don't eat less.... just eat earlier. Got it!

That is EXACTLY our plan :rotfl:

That sub looks good! How was it?

Nice! Small though, I could definitely eat two!

Ugh, is right. Really?
I miss when you could find unique items in the shops.

Me too! I must say I even preferred the Frozen take-over to the Star Wars take-over :headache: it's too much and I don't care for it!!! :snooty:

::yes:: I remember watching him on TV (black and white, no less) when I was a kid. I was devastated when I found out he had died years earlier. I thought it was live.

Oww that's so sad Pedro!! :hug:

Absolutely. That's underhanded and unfair. Doing it earlier is research.

Yes yes, I'm using this very logically reasoning next time I called out on it :laughing:

You do? I think it's terrible. We have so much more to offer than.... Beaver Butt soap.

Nooooo I love the Beaver Butt! :rotfl: I bought a Beaver Butt lip balm from there once! And pyjama shorts with bears and huckleberries on them! GAH I love those shorts! I love that shop! :lovestruc

Thank you for the great tips about Paris and Heathrow!

DVC is pretty good about offering deals to members to get them to add on more points. When we added on at Poly we got 110 points for the price of 100, plus we got an extra year's allotment of points up front to be used that year. As far as booking, it can be a bit frustrating owning at two resorts because when booking at the 11 month window, we can only book AKV with AKV points and Poly with Poly points. We haven't had any trouble switching to other resorts that aren't our home at the 11 month window, though. Just the Grand Californian, but they're so small, it's super hard to book there. At this point, we're a fan of split stays because of transportation so the two contracts suit us; that's actually why we want to add on at Riviera when it becomes available so we have an EPCOT resort.

Thanks for the info! Yes we did a split stay a few years ago and I really liked it, that's a great set up for you then, owning at different resorts :goodvibes I'm excited to see Riviera! And I just saw on twitter there's a new DVC resort being planned for the old River Country site, how exciting! :cool1:

My favorite bathrooms in DHS!

I love them just for the name!

OMG me too! It's never going to happen.

I'm so glad we're in this struggle together :laughing:

Same favorites as me! Except I can't choose between Splash and Tower.

Nice! We should go to Disney together and just ride them around and around :laughing:

It looks like you planned it :rotfl:

I know I thought it was so funny!

I love it :lovestruc

A delicious mousse moose :goodvibes

Sounds like a great evening in EPCOT!

Yesss we always have so much fun :goodvibes the parks are so much more fun in the evening too :thumbsup2

Pedro I don't like coconut in my sweet treats either, but I promise the coconut in the magical cookie bar is not coconutty at all! I didn't even know it contained coconut until you told me! :laughing:

I would know. Trust me. I've been down this road before.
"There's no coconut in this."
"<sniff> Yes there is."
"No there's not. At all."
"Yeah, there is."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes. Check the ingredients."
"See? None! Cocoa. Sugar. Milk. Flour.... oh... coconut."

Nice! Small though, I could definitely eat two!

So... thimble sized.

Me too! I must say I even preferred the Frozen take-over to the Star Wars take-over :headache: it's too much and I don't care for it!!! :snooty:

I think you are the only person I know that's said you preferred the Frozen take over to anything.

Oww that's so sad Pedro!! :hug:

:sad:

Nooooo I love the Beaver Butt! :rotfl: I bought a Beaver Butt lip balm from there once!

:laughing:

And pyjama shorts with bears and huckleberries on them! GAH I love those shorts! I love that shop! :lovestruc

Okay, then.
But come up to the real Canada. Fair warning... it's big.
i.e. drive for 8 hours and... you haven't gotten anywhere yet.

Nice to see you back, Katie. :hug:

Loving your TR! That dinner at Le Cellier looked ah-mazing! You and your H seem like you have so much fun no matter what.

Yay thank you! :flower1: that dinner was lovely, we'd had the filet and cheese soup at Food and Wine a couple of times, it was nice to get the full thing for the first time in a while! Aww that's so nice, yes we always have a great time! I'm very glad I have someone like Jamie who enjoys the parks and willingly does everything with me! :lovestruc

So enjoying your trip report, and looking forward to reading more!!

Thank you!! I'm glad you're enjoying it! I have a bunch more written out I just need to post it all :goodvibes

Hi Katie. Life is rather overwhelming right now and it's all I can do to read... which I did. And enjoyed every bit of each update very, very much! You two were having such a wonderful time! :goodvibes

Hi Liesa! :wave2: Aww thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to read my trip report, I feel honoured! :lovestruc I've just seen that you just got back from Disney! Did you have a great time?? I'm really missing Walt Disney World at Halloween time (although I was just at Disneyland Paris last weekend who have really upped their Halloween game!) :goodvibes

What a wonderful trip! We're staying at WL this December and I am so excited (and your pictures make me even MORE excited to stay there!)

Oh wow, I would LOVE to stay at the Wilderness Lodge near Christmas time, I think it's the perfect Christmas resort! That's super exciting. Eek your trip is right around the corner! I hope you get/got all of the fastpasses you want!

I believe you heard Martin "the singing" boat driver. We meet him and his wife on our trip in July 2017!! His wife works at Geyser Point Bar & Grill and he drives the boats. We really enjoyed talking with them. We had just taken the boat and had him as our captain and then went to eat at Geyser point. We were telling our waitress, his wife, about this awesome boat driver and she said " that's my husband!"

Thanks for the great info, that's so funny that you were talking to his wife about him! Yes the name Martin definitely rings a bell, we loved him :goodvibes I'm pretty sure I have video footage of basically an entire boat journey with him because he was just singing the whole way :rotfl2: that's the kind of CM everyone should be!

Yes, VERY :sad: However, if you're going to stay on property and going to spend the $$$ anyway, I wholeheartedly recommend the Grand Californian :thumbsup2

A great recommendation, it'll definitely be top of my list! We'll just have to assess the penny situation :laughing:

I would know. Trust me. I've been down this road before.
"There's no coconut in this."
"<sniff> Yes there is."
"No there's not. At all."
"Yeah, there is."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes. Check the ingredients."
"See? None! Cocoa. Sugar. Milk. Flour.... oh... coconut."

That's your superhero power! An inbuilt coconut detector! SO USEFUL! :rotfl2:

I think you are the only person I know that's said you preferred the Frozen take over to anything.

I admit it guys, I'd take Frozen over Star Wars :duck:

Okay, then.
But come up to the real Canada. Fair warning... it's big.
i.e. drive for 8 hours and... you haven't gotten anywhere yet.

I would love to come to Canada! Where are the best places to visit?

Nice to see you back, Katie. :hug:

You too! I'm heading over to your new TR now! :cool1:

That's your superhero power! An inbuilt coconut detector! SO USEFUL! :rotfl2:

If there's ever a crime involving coconut, they'll know who to call.

I admit it guys, I'd take Frozen over Star Wars :duck:

me too.
don't tell anyone

Frozen is more Disney.
Star Wars is more... Hollywood?
Same with Marvel.

I would love to come to Canada! Where are the best places to visit?

Everywhere except where I live and all of Saskatchewan.

:rolleyes1

You too! I'm heading over to your new TR now! :cool1:

Great! :goodvibes

Day 5
Wednesday 24th January 2018
Part 1 – Epcot’s Festival of the Arts!

Good morning!
We didn’t set an alarm this morning, but I still woke up at 7:30am :cool1:

And then I noticed that Jamie was already awake and on his phone too! We were feeling bright-eyed and bushy tailed, nice and early for a day of Disney fun, YAY.

We had another slow morning of coffees, showers and watching my idol Stacey on Must Do Disney.
At 11am we went to catch the bus to Epcot!

43653122320_f0dff21b80_c.jpg

It’s another beautiful January morning here in Florida!
The blue January skies are incredible :lovestruc
Especially compared to September, which has generally been very overcast for us.

43653121860_42ca36458f_b.jpg

43653121150_53af4c884f_b.jpg

After about 5 minutes we were on a bus to Epcot!

On the bus Jamie showed me a gif of a cute pig and said that he wanted one.
But I told him he’d eaten one yesterday!
He was adamant that he hadn’t, until I reminded him of the meatlovers pizza we’d had at Pizzerizzo :laughing:
He said “OK I won’t… starting from NOW.”
:scratchin :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

We made it through the huuuge bag check line, and into Epcot for our very first Festival of the Arts!
It was actually only the second year that this festival had run, with its debut in 2017.

30530026077_783e0bcc53_b.jpg

First off we stopped for some photopass pictures :goodvibes

31595492468_b03352ed39_c.jpg

One little spark…

31595491278_9afb0c8f82_c.jpg

30530009407_36d4e3e3ac_c.jpg

Before doing any attractions we wanted to take a stroll around the festival booths and get something to eat, so we headed over to World Showcase.

30530025807_fdbc959c4e_b.jpg

30530025417_f71b33093f_b.jpg

30530024407_c6fbcf0e9b_b.jpg

45470391311_218f661d30_c.jpg

We stopped at The Artist’s Table booth at the America pavilion for food!

30530024147_5310bcb466_b.jpg

43653112080_0bb608387e_c.jpg

I definitely wanted to come back later to get that jumbo cookie and the sipping chocolate flight!
But for now, we got the scallop and the pork roulade :goodvibes

30530023937_d73a72fc75_b.jpg

These were very nice, and beautifully presented!
These festival dishes are a GREAT use of dining plan snack credits :lovestruc
The pork was probably my favourite, even though there was a lot of fat on it (which was expected).
The butternut squash puree and vegetables that came with it were delicious.

Aaaand within one hour, Jamie had broken his ‘no eating pigs’ promise :rotfl:

We finished up and took some photos IN the artwork in the America pavilion :thumbsup2

43653116780_bc4e761ecc_b.jpg

There are a bunch of these photo opportunities around the festival, it’s really fun to do, and fun to watch people get creative!

There’s a Thomas Kinkade booth!
I love his Disney art.

30530023687_8033be449e_b.jpg

Jamie admired some Star Wars art.

43653116210_6eb492349e_b.jpg

Next we stopped at The Painted Panda booth in China for some shrimp!

30530023167_16782d1ea2_c.jpg

…Which turned out to be two shrimps, and a big pile of batter :crazy2:

44556118945_2ae1a790a3_b.jpg

It was fine, but we didn’t feel great eating it as it seemed very unhealthy!
We then visited the El Artista Hambriento booth in Mexico.

43653115060_03b0ea5dde_b.jpg

43653115540_3e82d39ece_c.jpg

We got the mixiote de cordero, which was “wrapped slow-braised lamb marinated in tres chiles paste and spices”.

“Wrapped in what?” – you might ask.
And that is a good question.
Not wrapped in a tortilla, as we thought.
Not even some kind of artistic lettuce wrap.

What we were given can only be described as something resembling the mess that a dog would make on his daily walk.

43653114430_560022b423_b.jpg

And no, it was no better when we opened up the bag.
It might have even been worse…

43653114010_4e15b353a8_b.jpg

But the most hilarious part of this to us, was that it was absolutely DELICIOUS :laughing:

Although we couldn’t really see the “art” of its presentation like at the other booths, this was just a big pile of deliciously seasoned lamb, and was our favourite dish that we’d had so far today :laughing:

YAY for dog poop.

Next we turned around and went back to Cuisine Classique at the Germany pavilion.

31595517888_ee12fb5cdd_b.jpg

43653113540_11f89cd45b_c.jpg

We got the red wine-braised beef short rib, which was fantastic!
This tasted better than the dog poop and was our favourite dish of the day.
AND it was nicely presented.
Top marks from us!

43653112820_8a2b23c10b_b.jpg

44745246684_cce1252c26_b.jpg

We were very full at this point, but I simply HAD to go back to the first booth in the America pavilion to get the cookie and the chocolate flight!

giphy.gif

43653110730_4fd29e0a31_b.jpg

The cookie was warm and soft and fresh, YUM.
Although I can’t eat blue food so I made Jamie have that part :laughing:

44745245754_f6367ce788_b.jpg

The chocolate flight was fantastic, it was basically just three huge cups of melted chocolate.
I even dipped my cookie in the chocolate flight like a child :lovestruc

These were soooo good, I’m so glad we stuffed them down.

R3V69_.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23008-1368646175-0.gif

Everything we ate today was a snack credit on the dining plan, and a fantastic use of them I think!
We did the Food and Wine festival without the dining plan back in 2015, and our gift card kept running out so quickly, so the money we were spending was constantly on our minds.
I love doing the festivals while on the dining plan, with 56 snack credits and without a care in the world!

31595515898_1344b351e2_c.jpg

30530020487_4fd29e0a31_b.jpg

Click for next post!

Last edited:
Day 5
Part 2 – Epcot fun

After we were done exploring the festival we headed back to The Land to use our fastpass at Soarin!

43653110160_132edc2c40_b.jpg

30530020147_3453d8c749_b.jpg

I was happy to see Patrick again, it’s been too long.

DisgustingReflectingAcouchi-size_restricted.gif

Everyone on Soarin’ was super enthusiastic, and a bunch of people screamed when the eagle flew in front of us :laughing:
And everyone clapped at the end :goodvibes
Soarin’ is the only attraction I ever see people clap afterwards.
Everyone loves it, it’s a good all-rounder.

Nice work Soarin’!

qatnyxN.jpg

Then we used our next fastpass at Spaceship Earth!

43653109200_323b8500a5_b.jpg

It was busy, by Spaceship Earth’s standards!
God bless Fastpass+.

31595513538_bb38578f54_b.jpg

44745242844_589426edcc_b.jpg

As we rode through we passed the man who invented papyrus, and we laughed quoting Ryan Gosling’s Papyrus video :rotfl:

“Do you remember the Avatar logo? PAPYRUS! I KNOW WHAT YOU DID!”

:rotfl:

44745242494_5002fd14be_b.jpg

HELLO :wave:

31595512448_4a9725941b_b.jpg

After the ride we played the Innervision games!
BUT
We’ve discovered a conspiracy.
And we are not impressed.

Because on the second game.
We both scored 9/10.
However.
We were CERTAIN.
That.
There were.
ONLY 9 TASKS.

giphy.gif

So we’re sure we actually got TOP MARKS with 9/9.

Disney,

throne-of-lies.gif
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

44745241834_4d2033d565_b.jpg

30530019077_4f1d359ebd_b.jpg

ANYWAY.

We headed over to Test Track and used one of the anytime fastpasses we’d been given at our DVC tour!

Here’s our car:

44745241344_0d165cddf1_b.jpg

We were pretty rusty since it had been over a year since we’d made a car.
We only scored 223, while the top of the day was 232 :sad2:

30530018737_96e25f4979_b.jpg

44556121875_74249c1561_b.jpg

We had a fun ride on Test Track, then afterwards we designed another car on the screens near the exit.
You need to score 196 from the first initial line you draw to get a top score, which I did first time WOO :cool1:

I’m sure I was good at doing that last year too.
I am magical.
If anyone needs any lines drawing, I’m your guy :thumbsup2

However unfortunately we still missed something and only scored 230, so we still didn’t make the big screen :sad:

44745240744_de638594f5_b.jpg

After Test Track it was about 3:30pm so we decided to head back to the hotel.

30530018437_545c7e934b_b.jpg

Bus stop with a view :cloud9:

44745239824_9f35c084ae_c.jpg

MINNIE VAN!

43653104760_9270617f4b_b.jpg

When we arrived back to our room we were thrilled to be greeted by THIS GUY…

44745239164_3d8ce7b015_c.jpg

The elusive towel animal!
I think this was our first one ever!
We were so excited!
We carefully moved him over to the shelf beneath the TV where he would sit and watch over us for the rest of the trip :lovestruc

We then spent about an hour and a half doing what we like to do on our afternoon break.
Jamie caught up with the internet inside.
And I wrote up some trip notes on the balcony :cloud9:

At 6pm we went to get a boat to the Magic Kingdom for our ADR!
When we got downstairs there was a boat loading at the dock so we ran a little bit :laughing:

44745238654_57ff6fd580_b.jpg

There was another beautiful sunset this evening.
You don’t get many skies like this is September!

I like the monorail in this shot below :goodvibes

43653103800_d2664570db_b.jpg

44745238074_362682ba7f_b.jpg

44556118095_aa414f73c1_b.jpg

44745237704_2c5cd50900_b.jpg

Click for next post!

Last edited:
Day 5
Part 3 – Liberty Tree Tavern and drinks at the Contemporary

YAY MAGIC KINGDOM.

44745237154_cae69ed14d_b.jpg

43653102160_b4b51ecea2_b.jpg

We headed straight over to Liberty Square to our 6:35pm ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern!
This was our first time eating here!

44745236434_e40cbd8c8b_b.jpg

30530016397_6542c0991a_b.jpg

We checked in and the lady asked for a phone number to text us when our table was ready, and also where we were visiting from.
We thought she was just being friendly, but we noticed she actually typed in where we were from, which we thought was odd..

We sat outside for a few minutes and waited for our table.

30530016187_4f20c78cfb_b.jpg

And in a few minutes we received the text and headed inside.

Then as we were walking through, they announced,
“From the beautiful, wonderful, country of England, the [my surname] family!”
And everyone cheered and clapped! :rotfl:

We thought that was so funny, I had no idea that was something they do here.

One guy even booed us!
(Which could be expected in Liberty Square during this “time period” I suppose :laughing: )

We made eye contact with the culprit as we walked through.

xDrrvCK.gif

tumblr_m6nbjtOD2G1qfu3wr.gif

Well to you, sir, I say:

5b50ae9df6d90e573b27149ef2b89bb9.gif

MOVING ON.

44745235894_033cbb8e7a_b.jpg

Our server this evening was the lovely Gerry.
First Gerry brought us bread and salad.
I also got a sparkling wine and Jamie got a beer.
These new changes to the dining plan are EXCELLENT.
Alcohol is now included!

31595503838_b1454a97d8_b.jpg

Then we got turkey, pot roast, roast pork, stuffing, mash, green beans and mac and cheese, as well as turkey gravy!

31595503058_cd02b7a6a9_b.jpg

45470370261_78b677a200_c.jpg

It was lovely!
I tried everything except the pork and it was all so good.
I even asked Gerry for more pot roast, and Jamie got more turkey.

I made a “Jiko on a budget” meal :rotfl:

45470369581_c2097d2e2a_c.jpg

I was impressed with the meal so far, but the “ooey gooey toffee cake” for dessert was by far the best part.
I’d heard great things about this, and it definitely lives up to its reputation!

45470369091_901a307d74_b.jpg

It was like a giant warm, soft cookie, with ice cream, chocolate sauce and toffee.
YUM AND WOW.

We left the restaurant at around 8pm very happy, but we had basically eaten ourselves into a stupor.

Magic Kingdom was quite busy, and we weren’t really feeling battling the crowds, or using the Thunder Mountain fastpass I’d grabbed earlier in the evening.

So instead we decided to get the monorail to the Contemporary for a drink!
Ugh I love being back at the Magic Kingdom resorts area!

On the way out we saw a woman talking to a baby in a stroller.
Only as we got closer, we realised it was not a baby, but a little tiny dog :rotfl:

Then when we got to the monorail the lady and her stroller dog were there waiting too!
Obviously we went
into the same compartment as her, and Jamie took covert pictures of the pup :laughing:

43683329910_280292b72c_c.jpg

45500160061_9aaf678924_c.jpg

Disney is the best place ever.

Please stand clear of the doors!

31595500268_ee1bef279b_b.jpg

We got off the monorail at the Contemporary and went to a bar called Outer Rim, which is next to Contempo Café and Chef Mickey’s.

45470367331_81e62319e3_b.jpg

44556128735_3cf303b2eb_b.jpg

45418745322_b01a1ff4dc_c.jpg

We had a glass of champagne each.
We drank it slow and had a nice relaxing hour or so chatting about everything :goodvibes

44556128125_2bd07e0aea_b.jpg

45470367571_2b736d0fc3_b.jpg

44556127225_32b4246ac0_b.jpg

After we’d finished our drinks we headed downstairs and out to the boat dock.

44745224454_06eceed411_b.jpg

44745223614_55c1698f16_c.jpg

Outside we saw PETER PAN taking photos with people!
:cool1:

We waited on the floating dock, which was really wobbly, and it was very cold!

45470366401_9bbeedd8a7_b.jpg

We talked to a man called Kevin the whole time we were waiting.
Kevin has been working the boats for 6 years!
He loves the job, as he gets to drive a boat without having to do any of the maintenance work to it :goodvibes
He told us that you don’t really need to know anything about boats to get a job as a boat driver at Disney, you just do about 9 months of training once you get it.
He said I should do it :drive:

Kevin actually boarded the boat with us and took over as the driver.
He was a funny guy.
When we arrived at the Wilderness Lodge he told parents to take their kids “by the hand, hair or head, and get off my boat.”
:laughing:

We got back to our room and chilled, showered, and saw the Electric Water Pageant go by at about 10:15pm!

45470366131_f4bd4215ce_b.jpg

44745220984_3c98d12af7_b.jpg

YAY.

Goodnight Disney!

Click for next post!

Last edited:
Oh, I'm looking forward to checking out the Festival of the Arts when we go in January! The food looks pretty good, maybe better than Food and Wine?

Looks like you had a nice, relaxing pace to your day! I've never eaten at Liberty Tree... maybe should add that to the list... hmm.

Enjoyed your update!

We didn’t set an alarm this morning, but I still woke up at 7:30am :cool1:

Only in Disney is this a good thing.

watching my idol Stacey on Must Do Disney.

Still have never seen her.

The blue January skies are incredible :lovestruc

That is one thing we have. Winnipeg gets on average 316 sunny days a year.
Google it if you don't believe me.

After about 5 minutes we were on a bus to Epcot!

Nice!

On the bus Jamie showed me a gif of a cute pig and said that he wanted one.
But I told him he’d eaten one yesterday!

:laughing: oopsie!

We made it through the huuuge bag check line, and into Epcot

I don't know why, but Epcot seems to always have the longest bag check lines of all the parks.

awwww...

What is that wall? It looks like a wall that's just recently had a bunch of flyers and bills removed from it.

Like that one.

I definitely wanted to come back later to get that jumbo cookie and the sipping chocolate flight!

How could you not?????

But for now, we got the scallop and the pork roulade :goodvibes

pork...……..

Aaaand within one hour, Jamie had broken his ‘no eating pigs’ promise :rotfl:

there it is.

Those shots are so fun. I've seen a few on other TRs.
My fave was one where the Dad had the baby in a front carrier and was holding his ears for "The scream".

…Which turned out to be two shrimps, and a big pile of batter :crazy2:

ew

What we were given can only be described as something resembling the mess that a dog would make on his daily walk.

Blech! That looks horrible!

I think I'm gonna be sick.

But the most hilarious part of this to us, was that it was absolutely DELICIOUS :laughing:

The most incredible thing is that you actually ate it after looking at it!

YAY for dog poop.

:lmao: I never thought I'd read that line.

We were very full at this point, but I simply HAD to go back to the first booth in the America pavilion to get the cookie and the chocolate flight!

giphy.gif

accurate

Now that is really clever. I really like that. I presume the brush was also chocolate?

Although I can’t eat blue food so I made Jamie have that part :laughing:

Ah yes. The dreaded blue food allergy.

I even dipped my cookie in the chocolate flight like a child :lovestruc

But of course.

Everyone on Soarin’ was super enthusiastic, and a bunch of people screamed when the eagle flew in front of us :laughing:

:laughing: Love that.

And everyone clapped at the end :goodvibes
Soarin’ is the only attraction I ever see people clap afterwards.

:goodvibes

It was busy, by Spaceship Earth’s standards!
God bless Fastpass+.

::yes::
That attraction ebbs and flows... always good to have a FP for it, just in case.

Ryan Gosling’s Papyrus video :rotfl:

For some reason, the video won't play. It says it's not allowed in my country.
We're part of the commonwealth! What the heck?

“Do you remember the Avatar logo? PAPYRUS! I KNOW WHAT YOU DID!”

But I did find another source. :laughing:

Because on the second game.
We both scored 9/10.
However.
We were CERTAIN.
That.
There were.
ONLY 9 TASKS.

We were pretty rusty since it had been over a year since we’d made a car.
We only scored 223, while the top of the day was 232 :sad2:

This is shameful.

I am magical.

:laughing: Yes. Yes you are.

However unfortunately we still missed something and only scored 230, so we still didn’t make the big screen :sad:

Tragic

So they're back! I'd heard they'd stopped doing that. yay!

The elusive towel animal!
I think this was our first one ever!
We were so excited!
We carefully moved him over to the shelf beneath the TV where he would sit and watch over us for the rest of the trip :lovestruc

But of course. One does not undo a towel animal. It is simply not done.

I like the monorail in this shot below :goodvibes

Nice silhouette shot!

We headed straight over to Liberty Square to our 6:35pm ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern!
This was our first time eating here!

Sooooo yummy. And so much!!!

We checked in and the lady asked for a phone number to text us when our table was ready, and also where we were visiting from.
We thought she was just being friendly, but we noticed she actually typed in where we were from, which we thought was odd..

I know why. ;)

Then as we were walking through, they announced,
And everyone cheered and clapped! :rotfl:

::yes:: :)

One guy even booed us!
(Which could be expected in Liberty Square during this “time period” I suppose :laughing: )

:laughing: Of course! That's pretty awesome, actually.

These new changes to the dining plan are EXCELLENT.
Alcohol is now included!

And yet... I'm still not sure if I agree with alcohol in MK.

I was impressed with the meal so far, but the “ooey gooey toffee cake” for dessert was by far the best part.

Isn't that amazing? Sooooo good!

We left the restaurant at around 8pm very happy, but we had basically eaten ourselves into a stupor.

::yes:: hard not to.

On the way out we saw a woman talking to a baby in a stroller.
Only as we got closer, we realised it was not a baby, but a little tiny dog :rotfl:

"Lady? Your kid's a dog."

We got off the monorail at the Contemporary and went to a bar called Outer Rim, which is next to Contempo Café and Chef Mickey’s.

Huh. Never heard of that.

Outside we saw PETER PAN taking photos with people!

Really! Outside the park. Huh!

He loves the job, as he gets to drive a boat without having to do any of the maintenance work to it

:laughing: Hadn't thought of that. :)

When we arrived at the Wilderness Lodge he told parents to take their kids “by the hand, hair or head, and get off my boat.”

:lmao:

We got back to our room and chilled, showered, and saw the Electric Water Pageant go by at about 10:15pm!

:cloud9:

What's wrong with where you live, and Saskatchewan?! :scared:

Nothing wrong. Just... Winnipeg is fairly small. I like it. It's home. Saskatchewan is... flat. If you're really into farm fields, you'd love it.

What we were given can only be described as something resembling the mess that a dog would make on his daily walk

That is funny! Good on you for trying it, and you even loved it! You win on that one. :)

I never think about until we are there, and I always wonder how they would address someone from England. Of course I knew it would be pleasant but still wondered - thanks!

One guy even booed us!

:rotfl2: At least he is in character. I always said I would pretend to be a tory spy and go along with it. Loved the spyglass meme.

As always, your report continues to rock - loving it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter