• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Q’s about Cast Member Friends & Family discount for resorts

Sireinita

Earning My Ears
Hoping to get some clarification about the Cast Member Friends & Family discount for a stay in late January 2024!
  1. How far out can CMs see F&F discounts (ex, 3 months out? 6?) and can discount opportunities change closer to the date? If so, so CM/ get alerted is is manually checking the hub necessary?
  2. If the CM is not staying in the room, is it easier for the CM to book the reservation and apply the discount then, or for the friend to book the reservation and the CM to apply the discount retroactively?
Any additional information about the process would be helpful!

Hoping to get some clarification about the Cast Member Friends & Family discount for a stay in late January 2024!
  1. How far out can CMs see F&F discounts (ex, 3 months out? 6?) and can discount opportunities change closer to the date? If so, so CM/ get alerted is is manually checking the hub necessary?
  2. If the CM is not staying in the room, is it easier for the CM to book the reservation and apply the discount then, or for the friend to book the reservation and the CM to apply the discount retroactively?
Any additional information about the process would be helpful!
My son is a CM at the moment working on the DCP and has access to F&F as well as the CM discounted rooms. I think for #2 the CM has to book the room and couldn't apply it to your already booked reservation. At least my son couldn't apply a CM discount to my already booked reservation and had to make a new one (he's in the room with me for the trip).

I cannot answer #1 but definitely the availability and type of rooms can change closer to the date. He has seen things go away and other things pop up. As far as I can tell, he has to manually check the hub and has to put in the hotel you're looking for....unlike the disney website where a whole list of hotels for your date open up so you can scroll and see all of what is available. He's new though so maybe there's a trick he hasn't learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter