Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Thank you all so much. All the extra prayers are most welcome . Latest update--Ok...finally some answers but still need a few...the MRI revealed that she has an area of infection in the muscle on her hip. She is also still showing low levels of bacteria in her blood, so the next thing to figure out is how either of them started and if one caused the other. Antibiotics are the answer but we will be here until she has a negative culture for 48 hours, and they can only be taken every 24 hours. We will also most likely be coming home with a pic line to continue a series of antibiotics 😓 A huge praise that she can finally eat and drink! 🙌 Will update if anything changes. The display of love, prayers and support have been so appreciated! ❤️

Ongoing thoughts and prayers for Madalyn. (Such a pretty name.)

We don’t have a toaster oven so can’t help there. Years ago my parents had a Black and Decker that was quite large and they used for almost everything. It lasted a long time. I look at them a lot but I don’t have room on my counter.

My mother bought my son one of the coffee makers that is one side Keurig and one side coffee pot when he lived at school with five other guys. I know it got a lot of use. I cannot remember the brand but we got it at WalMart. It’s in storage I can look and see the name and ask DS his opinion about it. Some day he’ll take it when he moves out.

I meant to post this last night, DH made spaghetti with homemade sauce, meatballs and garlic bread. It was so good!

CEE1E5DF-ECC5-4C9B-8B7D-2E6B05CB07A6.jpeg

Thank you all so much. All the extra prayers are most welcome . Latest update--Ok...finally some answers but still need a few...the MRI revealed that she has an area of infection in the muscle on her hip. She is also still showing low levels of bacteria in her blood, so the next thing to figure out is how either of them started and if one caused the other. Antibiotics are the answer but we will be here until she has a negative culture for 48 hours, and they can only be taken every 24 hours. We will also most likely be coming home with a pic line to continue a series of antibiotics 😓 A huge praise that she can finally eat and drink! 🙌 Will update if anything changes. The display of love, prayers and support have been so appreciated! ❤
Just saw this. Glad they’re making progress. This is a very serious infection. With the PICC line they are thinking long term antibiotics to really eradicate it and stop it from seeding anywhere else. But cross one bridge at a time and get the initial infections treated so she gets better. Sending more prayers and hugs!

@lynxstch I'm praying for Madalyn here. I hope she can rest easier at home and have her spirits raised with some food and drinks. Poor mama trying to do this all. I hope dad can come home if possible.

Happy Friday and I hope everyone is doing well. Fall has come to Indiana. It's chilly outside and high of 62 or so tomorrow. I'm not quite ready for it but it's here so guess I'll be getting my thick around the house socks on. I always have a pile around the living room because I wear my socks and then take them off and then wear them later. I also wear them to bed and take them off in bed after my feet warm up and
little piles in the bed.

Mom is doing better I think. I hope it continues so I can rest some before the next breakdown. It seems the goal is to open up for regulated visitation. I really hope so. I'm guessing we won't be allowed to take them out for the holidays this year or have meals with them inside so not sure how that will all work. I hope they are making contingency plans. I'll send couple already made and heated dinners from cracker barrel if nothing else.

For any Aldi's shoppers, my Aldi's had tons of German goodies! I picked up bienenstitch (bee sting) cake(one my favorite cakes in the world!!) in the freezer section and they have tons of goodies for breakfast trays or afternoon coffee/tea times. I was happy to find it all so I didn't have to make anything. I'm being lazy right now.

Gratitudes:
Beautiful blue sky and fall day to remind me seasons are changing, world still turning and we are going to make it
Good company and thoughtful people on this thread
Tasty cup coffee this afternoon with small slice of German blackberry tart

Ongoing thoughts and prayers for Madalyn

From me as well. It must be so scary and stressful for her and her parents! I hope the docs are able to clear the infection up nicely and that she feels a lot better soon.

And on the subject of prayers, I wanted to let you all know that we heard from my nephew (who had the skate board accident) - he is doing well and that said to thank everyone for their prayers!

@lynxstch I'm praying for Madalyn here. I hope she can rest easier at home and have her spirits raised with some food and drinks. Poor mama trying to do this all. I hope dad can come home if possible.

Happy Friday and I hope everyone is doing well. Fall has come to Indiana. It's chilly outside and high of 62 or so tomorrow. I'm not quite ready for it but it's here so guess I'll be getting my thick around the house socks on. I always have a pile around the living room because I wear my socks and then take them off and then wear them later. I also wear them to bed and take them off in bed after my feet warm up and
little piles in the bed.

Mom is doing better I think. I hope it continues so I can rest some before the next breakdown. It seems the goal is to open up for regulated visitation. I really hope so. I'm guessing we won't be allowed to take them out for the holidays this year or have meals with them inside so not sure how that will all work. I hope they are making contingency plans. I'll send couple already made and heated dinners from cracker barrel if nothing else.

For any Aldi's shoppers, my Aldi's had tons of German goodies! I picked up bienenstitch (bee sting) cake(one my favorite cakes in the world!!) in the freezer section and they have tons of goodies for breakfast trays or afternoon coffee/tea times. I was happy to find it all so I didn't have to make anything. I'm being lazy right now.

Gratitudes:
Beautiful blue sky and fall day to remind me seasons are changing, world still turning and we are going to make it
Good company and thoughtful people on this thread
Tasty cup coffee this afternoon with small slice of German blackberry tart

Thanks for the well wishes for Madalyn! She will be there at last 2 more days for antibiotics, but then should be able to go home. At least with virtual school, she will only have lost 2 days.
I am hitting the Aldi's here tomorrow for some of the german goodies..can you tell me what the bee sting cake is please? Never heard of it.
Glad that your Mom is doing better. I too wear socks to bed till my feet warm up and then kick them off, usually find them in the covers the next day. Going to be 38 here overnite tomorrow and Sunday, and only low 60's during the day. But they said that for today too, and we are at 76 now, lol!

Praise God that Madalyn was able to eat and drink and that your Mom, Tina, is doing better.

Many continued prayers all-around with love.

Easyas123, I would prefer a separate toaster. Our kitchen (and counter space) is so tiny that there is no room for both. I did see earlier an Oster on Wal-Mart for $29.99. Some comments said it was small. We'll measure our current one later. What we have now is a Kenmore from Kmart.

Warming up here. So thankful extra for a/c.

Extra Gratitude:

All of you, always :)
My new chair finally seems to be making progress. It is expected to come by a week from Tuesday.
The sky out here is lighter and brighter. Traces of smoky smell but a ton improved over a week ago.

@flyingdumbo127 I got a new compact toaster a few months ago. It's online with the description
2 SLICE COMPACT PLASTIC TOASTER
Previous
2 Slice Compact Plastic Toaster

It's working well for us. It toasts bagels with no problem.
Another option to add into the mix.
(And I did not intend for it to post so big. Yikes!)

Last edited:
I apologize lynxstch for my earlier message, I sent it without writing much, was n the middle of other things. I’m praying for your niece also. I had several friends go to WVU’s med school. I just wanted the general population to know strep is serious. My girlfriends daughter has major moodswings, trouble in school and other issues, took them almost a yea4 to figure out whether it was early hormones, or other issues before discovering pandas.

Ok happy thought, beautiful fall weather here too and got a hike in this morning with an old friend. Going to buy pumpkins and mums tomorrow

Thank you Kirby, and yes indeed, that is the same town!
Small world! My mom grew up on a farm in Elkins before thay moved to Texas. Every summer we traveled to Cross Lanes to visit family. There was a bridge along a river that we called the Stinky Bridge because of the smell. We knew we were almost there when we got to that point.

Small world! My mom grew up on a farm in Elkins before thay moved to Texas. Every summer we traveled to Cross Lanes to visit family. There was a bridge along a river that we called the Stinky Bridge because of the smell. We knew we were almost there when we got to that point.

I was born and raised in MA, but moved to MD 20 years ago. Hubby was born and raised and has lived here all his life. Brother and Sister in law, and stepdaughter and her family live in WV. It is indeed a small world!

I hope Madalyn continues to make progress and she goes home soon where she can be more comfortable. Sending prayers for her and your family.

It is a nice cool day here in MA. It was 43 degrees when the dog went out at 6 am. Now it is 60. The sky is so blue and clear. I love days like this. The leaves are already starting to turn. My DS went to Maine and said there are alot of red and yellow leaves along the way. It seems a bit early but we have had some really cool nights. We walked as well as took the dog for a walk as usual. He seems to like the cooler weather and is a bit jaunty on the walk.

I don't have a toaster oven but the brands I like for other appliances are Hamilton Beach and Proctor Silex. I have a Cuisinart toasted which I really like. I hope you can find one you like.

I wish we had an Aldi's around us. They seem to have some different items that sound really good.

Have a nice Saturday.

Good afternoon.

Beautiful day today. Started this morning with a 2.5 mile walk through a new to us trail in a state park in Delaware near us. We have a DE State Park pass so might as well take advantage of us.

Then got the first coat of waterproofing on the porch. In 2 hours I can apply the second coat. There is one corner where we moved the table to that will have to be done later when we can move it to the part I did today. I'll be glad to have this job done.

Our toaster is a KitchenAid. It's a 4 slice that we've had for a long time. I have never had or used a toaster oven.

Are any of you on Facebook and would like to friend me there? I tend to mostly post pictures.

When DH and his sister were going to the lawyer with MIL's will, it came out that SIL, 72 yo, and her DH, 80 yo, do not have wills which made me think of today's.....
QOTD - Do you have a will?
We had one done many years ago when the kids were little. We recently had it revised to reflect adult children and change the executor. My dad, who died in 1996, had a hand written will, The lawyer said it was valid. My mom did not have one so had hers done soon after. My DD, now that they have kids, are investigating having one drawn up. Just wondered what the norm is.

I hope Madalyn continues to make progress and she goes home soon where she can be more comfortable. Sending prayers for her and your family.

It is a nice cool day here in MA. It was 43 degrees when the dog went out at 6 am. Now it is 60. The sky is so blue and clear. I love days like this. The leaves are already starting to turn. My DS went to Maine and said there are alot of red and yellow leaves along the way. It seems a bit early but we have had some really cool nights. We walked as well as took the dog for a walk as usual. He seems to like the cooler weather and is a bit jaunty on the walk.

I don't have a toaster oven but the brands I like for other appliances are Hamilton Beach and Proctor Silex. I have a Cuisinart toasted which I really like. I hope you can find one you like.

I wish we had an Aldi's around us. They seem to have some different items that sound really good.

Have a nice Saturday.
They did say on the news the other night there was going to be a frost in the morning here in MA! :sad: No Aldi’s where you are? My FIL got me into them several years back. It’s a sister company to Trader Joe’s (really interesting history!) so the stores are similar in some ways, but I like Aldi’s better. There are certain products I like to buy there now and sometimes will make a special trip to stock up. But I find it a fun place to shop! And you don’t break the bank there. Their specials, seasonal items and non-food items are full of pleasant surprises. And sometimes you can find the same products that TJ’s has, but cheaper! They also have a lot of snack type foods and things for, say, a light lunch. If you are driving near one, stop in! people seem to either love it, or hate it. Where DS lived out of state a few summers ago (for baseball) they had one, but it was old, and not as nice as the newer ones I’ve been to (even in FL), so maybe that’s where that came from. But I got him gift cards to shop there and he went and got to understand how a little can go a long way there. DD likes to go, too, they actually have some cute clothing from time to time that she’s gone back to get more of! Like cute nightgowns and tops. I’ve often DS some lounge pants and shorts there, too, and was surprised at the nice quality of them. They may only have one type of item, but what they have is good. Maybe we can save this as a future QOTD! (I can write one tomorrow or Monday. I love the will question today!)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/aldi-store-growth-history-2018-8?amp

Have a nice Saturday.
Haven't had any updates on Madalyn yet today, hopefully she's doing better. We are in Western MD and it was 43 here this morning, is a chilly but sunny 62 now. Frost advisory overnite , going down to 38, yikes!

Update from family in Pensacola. The 30" of rain they got has receeded, they can see their back yard again, but they are still without power, and it's hot there!

I love Aldi's..this morning they had TP in stock, paper towels in stock, disinfecting wipes in stock, and a lot of the German foods that lovemygoofy was talking about last nite. They didn't have any of the beesting cakes though :( I wanted to try it. She said they might get more in next week.

Walmart's parking lot was full..we got there at 11:30 instead of 10 like we usually do :( Their shelves were almost fully stocked again, except for a few things in the frozen foods sections. Still no cleaning supplies or disinfecting wipes though. They have doors open at both ends of the store now, they aren't counting people, and all of the one way signs have been removed from the floors. There are still the 6 foot social distancing ones at the registers, but noone except for me seemed to be paying any attention. I actually wish they would go back to the 1 way and limiting capacity. It was a zoo, people banging into each other in every row. I needed bird seed for all my outdoor feathered friends. ..there were 2 bags of Wagners on the shelf, sorry but at $16 for 20 lbs I don't buy it. I saw workers in the seasonal dept , so I went in and asked. One girl says that's all we have, we aren't getting anymore , it's seasonal! I laughed and asked her if she really thought birds didn't eat in the winter--in fact ours eat more birdseed in the winter than in the summer. Another guy heard her and asked if I was looking for the 'generic' wild bird seed ($6.44 a bag), I said yes. He said come with me. There were 2 full pallets at the end of one row in their seasonal stockroom. He put 2 in my cart and pushed it out for me. Then told the girl, birdseed is NOT seasonal, I just have had too much to do this morning to put any out. Told her to feel free to go get a pallet jack and move some out to the sales floor, lol!
Dinner here is going to be homemade pizza on naan bread with salad.
Have a nice Saturday evening everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter