Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day everyone :) I've enjoyed reading your ride answers. See? Quite a few of you have not been to DL so more reason to join us for our eventual ::MinnieMo's breakfast.

Aww, the Peoplemover! I miss that ride so much. I wish it would come back in some way.

I do also like the carousel and should take time to go on it :) I'm sorry to say the teacups are too spinny for me but cute to look at. If there were a stationary cup like on the carousel I'd definitely go on them.

Wishing everyone a Blessed Memorial Day. Thank you again to all who have and our serving our country and your families, too!

I have been to Disneyland once, in 1996, but it was so long ago, that I don't think I could name my favorite ride there, lol! I remember loving the carousel though, as I just love carousels in general. I still wish that I had seen Disneyland first, before seeing Disneyworld, which I saw for the first time in 1995), as it would have put it in more perspective for me. It seemed rather 'quaint' compared to WDW, but I really enjoyed it. I would love to go back and see all the new attractions, I don't think there were even any Disney hotels when I went back then.
Happy Memorial Day everyone, and thank you to all who have served our country (and your families!)

I have only been to WDW but in Fantasyland I love Peter Pan's Flight! Small World also has special memories.

I was busy with work this week but thought I'd share a story. I'm not even sure what meaning it has other than I do believe that sometimes things happen for a reason. We had had a patient with severe mental health issues on our unit and it was difficult. I actually like psychiatric patients and will often volunteer to take them, but for some reason things didn't click too well this time and I felt bad about it. Hey, it happens, right. But it had been a very busy shift and I never even got to take a break or eat anything in 13 hours. Just two quick bathroom stops and that was it. So it wasn't one of my best days.

Anyway, I was hungry when I left work. My lunchbag was on the seat beside me but I knew I had a salad and that's a little difficult to eat while driving home. So I stopped at a fast food place. And as I got to the drive up, a little lady who appeared to be homeless peeked around the column and tried to speak to me. She said she was hungry and asked if I would buy her something to eat. Now I have been through this before where I bought a guy a whole meal, then watched him try to sell it for money, so I was a little hesitant, but she looked sincere. I asked her if she was going to eat it and she said she was. So I told her to order what she wanted, and she did. At the end of the drive thru I handed her her food and she thanked me profusely. I felt like it was God's, or the Universe's, way of making things right for me, as I was able to let go of the previous interactions I'd had with this other person and was left with the sweetness of the fast food lady. Now I know homeless often have mental health issues and can also be manipulative, but this lady was somehow different. And was what I needed at that moment. So I probably needed her more than she needed me! It's just funny how things happen sometimes.

Thanks for sharing that story, Pea-n-Me! God indeed brings special people into our lives in general and often at times exactly when He knows we are open to receiving them! This reminds me of the time I had lunch inside a Wal-Mart McDonald's with two of God's Angels. Never know how God will use your or someone else to brighten someone's life forever :)

Hi all,

Memorial Day and the weekend is hard in our house. We would typically take off for the weekend and of course can't this year so little harder to play distraction. We went for a long drive yesterday and just talked or listened or sat in silence at the lake. It's really interesting from our perspectives because it could be the same loss of someone we knew but had to experience it in different ways and both traumatic in the end. Every day I'm thankful for what I have and pray for my friends who had to find new normal.

We holed up in the house today with more distraction. We played lot video games, I made us a nice brunch and then watched a movie. Tonight trying new recipe for dinner. I'm making chicken marsala so wish me luck. I didn't get real marsala wine but have dry red so hopefully that will be the same or almost. Basically anything on pasta is never that bad. I baked cream cheese brownies for desert.

I was reading the conversation about DL and WDW and I LOVE DL. It is so much different than WDW. It's like going to simple old school style walmart and then than huge super walmart or sam's club. I think DL is just charming. My favorite fantasy land ride at DL is the matterhorn (is that a fantasyland ride?) and if not I love it's Small World. It reminds me going with my grandparents to DL as a kid.

Gratitude today:
Thankful to have my husband with me.
Blessed that my family still healthy as possible
Grateful for those who are mourning and being mourned today.

Peace and blessings to all

Youngest, who is the National Guard, told us last night he was going to put in for a second deployment w/ his unit. It's stateside, as was his other one, so really I can't complain. He won't even have to leave the state....of course, he says it's not really considered a deployment in the traditional sense, but I can't quite figure out the way the Army does stuff, so I stopped trying to figure it out! He likes it, a lot. And he's making good use of the GI bill, too! Reflected on both my grandfathers, one served in the Pacific, one in Europe during WW2.

Got some mowing and power washing done today, it's cocktail time!

Question of the day: 5/25: What is your vacation preference? Beach, mountains, national parks or city?

Everyone is dreaming about vacations and get aways including me. I love all kinds of vacations but beach is my least favorite. I don't like sand
or swimming or water in my ears...it's a whole thing. I love everything around WDW but I don't really like the parks. I don't like all the people. I love the cities but I'm good a few days and then over it. I love national parks and the mountains. I love walking (maybe slight incline to call it a hike lol) and sight seeing. Seven years ago was our first trip to the Grand Canyon and I can't wait to go back. I am for sure a mountain and less people vacation. Last year was the best time sitting on the porch at Dolly Parton's DreamMore resort having coffee and cinnamon bread in the morning or smores at night. I use my vacations to unwind and slow down. What about you all?

I think right about now a quiet cabin at the mountains perhaps by a lake sounds lovely. I do love quieter beaches and spent a lot of time at one when I lived in a small town up North.

It feels sort of timeless right now to me at almost 2:30. I'm a little sleepy but so very thankful :) So far so good, my dentist's office has not called to cancel my cleaning for tomorrow, praying that is still on at 9.

Grateful today extra for:

Completed going through some old pictures with my Dad and pretty much agreeing which to keep or toss. It will be fun now to one day remake the albums for him and of course add in new pictures down the road. As a P.S. The pictures I shared about as wanting to part with, I was able to easily do that, hooray :)

Nice quiet day around here, one extra pandemic positive to me is no fireworks (the noise just causes me such grief) I'm thankful there won't be any later tonight.

I am grateful to be part of my church's prayer group.

Hugs to all!

We had rain this morning then the sun came out and now it's almost 80 degrees. Dinner is typical Memorial Day meal..burgers, fresh corn and french fries (we just had potato salad last week and didn't feel like making it again so soon). I did laundry this morning and changed the sheets and blankets on our bed. And got the front and sides of the lawn mowed after the grass dried out. Will have to finish tomorrow.
Question of the day-- I love the beach, but I don't like the sand. I just love sitting and listening to the waves at night. Right about now, a cabin in the mountains sounds like the perfect getaway, and that may be what we plan as soon as this virus has run it's course.
Grateful the most today, for all the people who have served to keep our country safe, and for their families-God Bless them all

Tina, glad to see you back. Glad you had some distraction.

Today started out cool and cloudy but ended up sunny and warm. I fixed waffles for breakfast then made tuna salad for lunch, and deviled eggs and finished potato salad for dinner. With all the cooking out of the way I could enjoy the day.

DH and I took a 3 mile hike in the local Natural Resource Area. Came home and did some yard work. I am going to plant a few tomato plants and flower seeds. A very small garden. Need to shop now.

I was going to wash the deck off the bedroom so we could waterproof it. We just had it replaced last year and we need to waterproof it and our new screen porch. But, we discovered carpenter bees so couldn't work out there. Tried to spray them but need to get them gone before I go out there again.

Dinner tonight is hamburgers on the grill, the above deviled eggs and potato salad, and corn on the cob.

Question of the day: 5/25: What is your vacation preference? Beach, mountains, national parks or city?
I like the outdoors versus museums and such. First choice beach with national parks a close second.
As soon as I turned 65 I got my Golden Age pass for free admission for the rest of my life to National Parks. I also have the same Maryland pass. We bought the annual pass for Delaware in February and never used before we are no longer allowed in their state.

Gratitudes:
That we have a nature area close by to so many acres of trails to walk.
Sunny warm weather.
Feeling that I actually accomplished something today.
Of course, all of the men and women who died for are freedom to enjoy the day.

Everyone is dreaming about vacations and get aways including me. I love all kinds of vacations but beach is my least favorite. I don't like sand
or swimming or water in my ears...it's a whole thing. I love everything around WDW but I don't really like the parks. I don't like all the people. I love the cities but I'm good a few days and then over it. I love national parks and the mountains. I love walking (maybe slight incline to call it a hike lol) and sight seeing. Seven years ago was our first trip to the Grand Canyon and I can't wait to go back. I am for sure a mountain and less people vacation. Last year was the best time sitting on the porch at Dolly Parton's DreamMore resort having coffee and cinnamon bread in the morning or smores at night. I use my vacations to unwind and slow down. What about you all?

Least favorite is beach. I can't just sit and not do something and don't like being hot or going in the ocean other than wading a bit. I would rather go in a pool.

Don't like crowds, so don't usually do cities, unless we can do something quiet and kind of alone.
But I love Disney parks. I think after all these years, we have learned to work around the crowds....off season (if there is one), early days, rainy days.

Love National parks. Looking forward to going to the Grand Canyon with my daughter and grandaughter in October.
DD has lived here for 11 years and never been.

Dinner today is a frozen low carb chicken thing I bought to try out. Salad ans some vegetable.

Can I pick all of the above? As long as I'm away from home I'm fine:).
The man is pickier than DGD and I. He wants his comforts and would prefer them bug free with room service and chocolates on his pillow; I may never get him into a National Park :lmao:.

Turned out to be a gorgeous day weatherwise! I didn't feel like leaving the house today so the man went out by himself. He kept going and coming as it was a bit too hot for him at times. Meantime I gave myself a good soaking in the foot machine maybe by Tuesday I'll finish the rest of the job.

Made some pork chops with a pepper vinegar sauce, Italian style, and served it with an avocado and onion salad. Minimum work, maximum flavour.

Thought about family members who died in the service or because they joined the service. Happy the man made it out OK.

I like something about all of those, but If I have to choose, I’ll go with city. Next to Disney, D.C. was one of my favorite family vacations! And I love museums, shopping, shows...all that stuff.

(Not on the list, but my honorable mention goes to the lake! It's so peaceful just sitting there on a porch, looking out at the trees and the water.)

Last year was the best time sitting on the porch at Dolly Parton's DreamMore resort having coffee and cinnamon bread in the morning or smores at night. I use my vacations to unwind and slow down. What about you all?

I had “planned to plan” a trip there for the fall (and I still hope to someday) but I just can’t bring myself to right now. Things are too uncertain for the way I like to plan and look forward to things.

As soon as I turned 65 I got my Golden Age pass for free admission for the rest of my life to National Parks. I also have the same Maryland pass.

That sounds really neat! I’ve still got a few years, but I definitely want to remember that!

Dinner was hot dogs, baked beans, macaroni salad, and apple pie. DH asked what I did to the salad. Now that I’m a full-time housewife, I simply made it from scratch instead of a box. I’ve gone and blown my cover and spoiled him. :laughing:

Thankful for: All the heroes we’re remembering today.

Last edited:
I have the senior pass to National Parks. It was 62 years old......and at the time I got it (4 years ago) $10.
Just read it went up to $80

The Senior Pass replaces the Golden Age Passport. This is a lifetime pass for US citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. The pass provides access to, and use of, Federal recreation sites that charge an entrance or standard amenity fee. . The lifetime Senior Pass increased from $10 to $80.

I have the senior pass to National Parks. It was 62 years old......and at the time I got it (4 years ago) $10.

The Senior Pass replaces the Golden Age Passport. This is a lifetime pass for US citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. The pass provides access to, and use of, Federal recreation sites that charge an entrance or standard amenity fee. . The lifetime Senior Pass increased from $10 to $80.

Thanks!

I am stuffed from dinner. Had a cheese burger and beer. Haven't had that in so long and it was so good.

I may never get him into a National Park :lmao:.
That's too bad. I really like the rustic lodge in Shenandoah and the lodge we stayed in at Grand Canyon. Would have stayed in the lodge at Zion and Bryce but they were full.

You are correct. In my old age I forgot. :rotfl2: I got in for $10 when I turned 62 5 years ago. I remember it was my birthday in February. I was a little bummed about turning 62 so we drove to Fort McHenry and got the pass. So worth it.

The Beach/Coast. Not because I enjoy sitting out on the sand "getting a tan" but because I enjoy reading while listening the surf. I also love watching the waves go in and out.

With any luck I will get to do a road trip through the central coast of California next year. Visit beaches, lighthouses, breweries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter