Queen Victoria Room - check my math, plz?

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
I’m off to buy gift cards for a trip next month. Said trip involves a dinner for two at V&A’s Queen Victoria Room.

$235 x 2 = $470 (dinner)
$105 x 2 = $210 (entry level wine pairing)
Subtotal = $680
Plus 6.5% sales tax = $724
20% tip (after-tax) = $145
Grand total = $869

We might upgrade the wine pairing, and might tip more than 20%, but assuming we don’t, is my math right? I just want to make sure I buy the right number of gift cards to cover.

Thanks!

6.5% of 680.00 = 42.50 (sales tax)
680.00 + 42.50= 722.50 (sub total +sales tax)
20% of sub total (680.00) = 136.00 (tip)
712.50 + 136.00= $848.50 (grand total)

Last edited:
6.5% of 680.00 = 42.50 (sales tax)
680.00 + 42.50= 722.50 (sub total)
20% of sub total (680.00) = 136.00 (tip)
712.50 + 136.00= $848.50 (grand total)
You 'saved' enough money in the calculations for the OP to upgrade wine pairing.

Last edited:
Thanks to you both. I’ve dined at Remy three times, but, of course, that was much cheaper. I hope this is worth it!

Having been there? Your Math is very close. Give yourself a contingency? Round up to $900 for two.

Yeah, that’s what I am thinking. Any spare $$$ will be used up by miscellaneous purchases anyway.

Can I ask why gift cards instead of using a credit card like a Disney Visa? I would so concern with physically losing a gift card with almost a thousand dollars on it.

Since when did V&A start charging ridiculous prices for water? Water?

They used to serve Evian with the meal. Then they switched to their own still and sparkling waters made with a fancy machine they purchased.

Now it’s $120 for water that is supposedly 4000 years old? Is this some kind of joke? Last I checked, water evaporates. How could any water be 4000 years old. Or viewed from another perspective, how is there any water on planet earth that isn’t 4000 years old? The same water just recirculates continually.

Is it water somehow coming from a glacier or iceberg that is melting due to global warming? That’s water that would be a shame to sell or drink — profiting off of current and future catastrophe affecting the human race and all flora and fauna on our planet.

DH and I used to go to WDW every year for the F&W Festival. We ate at the V&A Chefs Table many times and the Victoria Room once. We stopped going to the Festival a few years ago when the formerly excellent wine dinners devolved into Burger Block Parties and other cheap nonsense that Disney can charge high prices for without delivering much.

But $120 for water?

It states that the water comes from a polar iceberg, but I agree that $120 for water is insanity. I wonder if they offer Fiji or something like that complimentary or at least for a more reasonable price.

Do they offer any bottles of wine for $120? I’d pay that for good wine at a splurge meal, but no way on water.

It states that the water comes from a polar iceberg, but I agree that $120 for water is insanity. I wonder if they offer Fiji or something like that complimentary or at least for a more reasonable price.

Do they offer any bottles of wine for $120? I’d pay that for good wine at a splurge meal, but no way on water.
Yes they have other bottled water choices such as the Fuiggi, small bottle $6.80, large $10.00. And Speyside Glenvilet, is a still water as well. Looks like there is a full page of still and sparkling waters.

Hey, I just went with "tap" when we were there. But the water list was funy enough to photograph!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts