Question about AKL

Karebear

DIS Veteran
I would like to check out the AKL on my next trip. Is it still true that the only way that you can drive there is if you are staying there or if you have a PS for Boma or Jiko? Thanks!

Yes, AKL is a "secure" resort. The best way to get there is to use WDW transportation if you are staying on-site. They will let you ride the buses over from AK or TTC.

I've read in other threads - and my guidebook states -

"Access to this resort has been restricted in the past, but now offers the same level of security as other Disney resort hotels."

I think if you drive up and tell them you are interested in staying there, and want to look around the resort before you make your decision, they will issue you a 3-hour parking pass and allow you in. I've read where people have done this without a problem. As with all things - common sense rules. If you decide to go check them out on a busy Thanksgiving Day around dinner time - then you might not get in, simply because they might need the parking spots for dining and resort guests. But, if you are checking them out on a slow day during the middle of the afternoon, then they will probably issue you a pass and let you check out the resort.

To be absolutely safe - doing what the previous poster suggested and using internal transportation would get you in the door without a problem.

We visited AKL in May. Drove up to the security gate and told them we wanted to check the place out. We were waved right thru. Spent maybe 20 minutes checking the joint out. We liked it so much we went back in June for a AKL stay.

We returned from WDW last week. We stayed on property, we
kept our parking pass in car window and drove to visit AKL. No
problem the guard just let us in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter