Question about Coronation crowds in London

Alicefan

Give me a cloudy day in Winter!
I will be in London around May 1st just for a day or two, any ideas on what I should expect out of the crowds that close to the big jubilee?

Meh. It will be pretty localised.

Mayday riots on the other hand are unpredictable. On one hand our corrupt government has been treating people with distain, on the other hand they have also made it illegal to protest.

Not too controversial to say that King Charles is nowhere near as popular QE2.
Would expect a good turnout from Royalists and those wanting a day out flag waving but overall nowhere near as many as usual.

May 1st is a normal bank holiday in the UK. London may be busier because of that, May Day is a symboliic time, there may be spring celebrations (morris dancers may be out in force! Espeially around pubs. I recommend this actually, good fun) and there may be protests, but the coronation and extra bank holiday are the following weekend. I wouldn't expect much coronation-induced activity as early as the 1st. Personally, I will use the extra bank holiday to do something useful and enjoy the time off work.

Meh. It will be pretty localised.

Mayday riots on the other hand are unpredictable. On one hand our corrupt government has been treating people with distain, on the other hand they have also made it illegal to protest.
With distain?

Whatever that is.

ford family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter