Question about DDE & separate checks?

hedgehogcs

Always listening to Jiminy Cricket...
DH & I are heading down to WDW (in 19 days OH BOY!) with a good friend of ours and we recently joined the Disney Dining Experience plan. I've read that our membership will cover our friend as well, but do we all need to be on the same check to use it that way or can he pay separately? Does anyone know?

Thanks for your help!

-hedge :wave:

We have been in this same situation before. What we have done is this...the person who has the discount card pays for the meal. The other party can either pay them back in cash (we never did it this way) or they picked up the tab at a non-discounted spot. Such as counter type food or ride photos. I think we came out pretty evenly at the end of the trip. That's how we'll do it next year when just the ladies go.

Thanks! I assumed that would be the case - I think we'll do it your way, goofy4tink! You're right, those things always seem to balance themselves out and I'm good at keeping mental records to make sure it all comes out fair!

Thanks much!

-hedge

I would ask your server.
Last wekend at Prime Time I presented the card when the server first came. I asked if we could have separate check (2 parties, 2 of each) against my DDE card, jut to make it easier.
She did so with no problem.

And NYE my card was used by three parties of two at our table, each having separate checks. The server did this on his own, without us asking. (Great server!)

I would at least ask. Following strictly by the rules, the answer is no. But it can be done, and rather easily I think.

We just returned from the World with a group of 11. The resturants we went to, and there were plenty, had no problem using our friend's DDE card for the whole group (inevidably someone ordered an appetizer for an entree or something like that and they never said we were over the 10 people limit) and then spliting our meals out on a separate check. I'm not saying that is the policy, not sure there is one, but everywhere we went it was not a problem.

Shelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter