Question about deed doc tax at Orange County recorder site

kboo

DIS Veteran
Is the deed doc tax based on # of points or purchase price? Thanks.

Thanks. I am trying to figure out what happened to a $1000+ point VGF fixed week contract that finally seemed to have sold at a very low price. If Disney ROFR'ed it, there could be a lot of happy people being taken off the VGF waitlist!

Thanks. I am trying to figure out what happened to a $1000+ point VGF fixed week contract that finally seemed to have sold at a very low price. If Disney ROFR'ed it, there could be a lot of happy people being taken off the VGF waitlist!
Perhaps you have already seen this, but on the advanced tab on OCC you can enter a deed doc tax range to narrow your search. For that large contract the tax had to be $800+. If you enter values in the tax fields you can narrow the number of files returned. I have done that when researching recent sales of contracts in a specific point range we were interested in. I just calculated a high and low end doc tax that would be realistic in the current market. I was also watching early CCV sales that way just for kicks to see what some of the early, high point sales looked like.

Perhaps you have already seen this, but on the advanced tab on OCC you can enter a deed doc tax range to narrow your search. For that large contract the tax had to be $800+. If you enter values in the tax fields you can narrow the number of files returned. I have done that when researching recent sales of contracts in a specific point range we were interested in. I just calculated a high and low end doc tax that would be realistic in the current market. I was also watching early CCV sales that way just for kicks to see what some of the early, high point sales looked like.
Thanks! Now ... if Disney ROFR'ed that contract, there would still have to be a deed or notice recorded at some point right? May still be too soon for that one.

Yeah will be a little tedious to run down, but put in Disney as the grantee if searching for ROFR and your deed doc tax range and eventually you will find it. The ROFR’d ones however don’t show points, just a percentage of unit. But you shouldn’t have too many returns in that doc tax range, so by process of elimination you may spot it. In the legal remarks, you can usually narrow the search too- Saratoga Springs for instance usually returns a pretty narrow, Disney only document list. I haven’t searched VGF much, but I have noticed that paring down results for VGF is not so easy. You can put Floridian, Grand Floridian, Disney’s Grand Floridian But the system still seems to return a hodgepodge. Perhaps someone has broken that code a little more than I?

Or you can simply do your regular search and then SORT the results by the Deed Document Tax. The "Sort By" fields are in the left hand margin of the results screen.

Also, one thing to keep in mind when looking at prices paid on deeds purchased directly from Disney: The Deed Document Tax rate is based on base price. It does not reflect any discounts the buyer received from Disney. So, if the base price of Copper Creek is $182 a point but the buyer received a $5 per point credit and paid only $177 a point, the Deed Document Tax is still computed using the higher base price.

@Spartan86 I used "grand floridian". There are some interesting results there. It looks most of those contracts are fixed weeks. Does anyone know how many fixed weeks they sold for DVC? And if Disney ROFRs it, are they required to keep the fixed week, or can they break the contract up?

Yes, I am procrastinating.

@Spartan86 I used "grand floridian". There are some interesting results there. It looks most of those contracts are fixed weeks. Does anyone know how many fixed weeks they sold for DVC? And if Disney ROFRs it, are they required to keep the fixed week, or can they break the contract up?
The OCC search engine has some quirks. One of those quirks involves searching by Legal Remarks. Even though you enter "Grand Floridian" the search can return deeds for several different timeshares besides VGF.

I took a quick peek at OCC and I didn't notice any Fixed Week deeds for VGF.

If Disney reacquires a Fixed Week deed, it does not keep the Fixed Week feature. The points are put back into the underlying Residential Unit ands can be resold as traditional DVC points. Of course, Disney could repackage those points as another Fixed Week deed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!