Question about Dining Plan

Winston1204

DIS Veteran
I am renting points from a DVC Member and I have a few questions about the DDP. I will be staying 3 nights at BCV and 4 nights at OWK. These are booked through 2 different members. If I purchase the DDP for the 3 nights at BCV, can I skip on using it the 1st night (we won't even be checking in until 9pm) and then use that one during my OKW stay? I doubt I can, but just asking because I have no idea!! We are only purchasing the DDP because we know of 3 places we want to have a sit down meal and those 3 meals alone are $300 and 3 days of the DDP is only $215 for the both of us. If you guys can help clear that up, I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much!!

Oh I almost forgot...do I pay the member I am buying points from for the DDP or do I pay when I check in?

You have to buy the DDP for all nights of your stay regardless of when you arrive or depart. You would have 2 separate reservations and 2 separate dining plans. The 3 nights of DDP from your BCV stay would be good through midnight of the checkout day from BCV, even though you moved to OKW that day.

You would have to buy for every day on the first reservation, no skipping. If second reservation different and seperate from first you would not have to purchese dining plan. If you did want to purchase for second reservation again, you must buy for every day and for everyone in party.

I forget, the member must make the reservation for the dining at least 24 hrs before you arrive. You pay at check in at the resort. Also if you wanted to cancel, can't cancel after you check in. So be sure before you go to the desk that you want the dining plan.

Thanks for the info!! I did some additional research and it looks like California Grill counts for 2 Table Service Meals anyway so technically our 1st nights meal won't go to waste and we can just use the snacks/quick service meals from that 1st night on the other 2 days!!

I appreciate your replies!!!

I am a DVC owner. Last year we stayed at two different resorts. Make sure you completely finish your first dining plan up, by midnight of your first stay check out night, snacks, counter service, etc. If you have not used all of your snacks, go shopping. There are many things that you can buy, some prepackage. We usually bring some home, candy and such...$4.00 and under.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter