Question about drinks and food in parks

jdsergent

Earning My Ears
Are you allowed to take any drinks or snacks into the park? My husband had read online that one individual purchased CamelBak's for their kids, filled it with something drink at their hotel and put snacks in the pocket. Not sure if this is realistic or just one more thing you have to carry around. (We also plan on renting a double stroller). Thoughts?

YUP.
There are rules about it of course:https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

It has to be no bigger than 24x15x18 and no glass
We got one that fit in the bottom of the stroller and we brought our lunches, cups to refill with water and snacks for the day.

the camelbak idea was interesting, but the kids would keep taking them off for rides, so it seemed like more hassle, plus my kids were 6, 4, 2 last time and barely carried themselves LOL.

The Camelback idea is a good one if everyone is able to keep it on the whole time. The thing about a camelback is that it gets hot on the back and they can leak, especially when you wear it on a ride. I've heard people turn it around to the front, but all that seems a little cumbersome.

Are you allowed to take any drinks or snacks into the park? My husband had read online that one individual purchased CamelBak's for their kids, filled it with something drink at their hotel and put snacks in the pocket. Not sure if this is realistic or just one more thing you have to carry around. (We also plan on renting a double stroller). Thoughts?

Yep no problem doing it a couple years back

We used to freeze the camelback at night...so it helped keep it cold through the day. We would also put it on our legs or something when we were on rides . I prefer to have one of those vs a hydroflask but I do love our hydroflask too.

I would fill my camelback with ice and top it off with water. The ice melts throughout the day keeping my back cool and the water cold.

I would just bring a small cooler or two that will fit at the bottom of the stroller. I know my kids wouldn't be interested in carrying anything around. Also, you can get water in a cup at any food place for free. Just ask.

I would just bring a small cooler or two that will fit at the bottom of the stroller. I know my kids wouldn't be interested in carrying anything around. Also, you can get water in a cup at any food place for free. Just ask.
Our stroller rental company provides a small soft sided cooler. We fill that up with a few snacks and some water bottles. We just hang it on the handle of the stroller.

Our stroller rental company provides a small soft sided cooler. We fill that up with a few snacks and some water bottles. We just hang it on the handle of the stroller.

What stroller rental company did you use and how far in advance did you schedule it?

Yes, you can bring food in. We bring in full dinner and drinks for a family of 5. We rarely eat in the restaurants.

Just a suggestion, unless your kids are babies, I'd highly suggest buying your own stroller. For the price you'd pay for 2 days of rental, you can buy a double umbrella stroller yourself. When you're done with it, sell it on Craigslist, donate it, throw it out. Far cheaper and easier then renting.

We just got back and saw families carrying around full sized rolling coolers. I really can't imagine carrying a cooler around all day, but it would definitely save money. We all had contigo water bottles that we carried with us. They kept the water ice cold all day. We just put snacks in our backpack.

We don't carry ours. It's a soft sided bag, but is huge...the size of a hard sided cooler. We stick it in an umbrella stroller. More often than not, we park it in stroller parking somewhere and just leave it there until we're ready to eat. Then we come back and get it (so we usually park it near where we're going to eat).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!