• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Question About Knott's Berry Farm

bouncy54

I Believe In Fairy Magic
We are going to Knott's on November 13th or 14th...Tuesday or Wednesday.

I know that the local schools tend to have a lot of field trips to this park. Is there somewhere that advertises to public when these days are planned? We went there one year and we thought we'd practically have the park to ourselves until a trail of school buses pulled up.

Being that the kids just had a 3 day holiday for Veteran's Day, you wouldn't think that a field trip would be planned, but you never know.

By the way...I still love Knott's. Maybe it's because we don't get to go very often, but I like the "slow" feel of the place. Plus it has one of my very favorite rides there...the Timber Mountain Log Ride. Yeah...I know it's pretty tame, but I'm a Grandma of 4 and it's just about the right speed for me. :lmao:

don't know of any websites but that would be a very good website to look at. but going in november which is kinda an off time for field trips, i wouldn't think there would be many kids going on field trips at that time of year, but i'm sure there will be a couple, there always is.

I didn't know schools went to places like that on field trips. I'm going next week. Is May a big field trip month? Do you think there will be any on a Monday?

The fall is big time field trip days to KBF as well as miltary appreication days so there is a lot of military families there too.
As far as May goes you may run into end of the year class trips. We have a field trip on May 25th with my son's school.

Lori

i agree with mcmom....november is traditionally military, fire & police appreciation days where they get in free.

i agree with mcmom....november is traditionally military, fire & police appreciation days where they get in free.

So Veteran's Day...the actual holiday on Monday...there may be a lot of military, police and firemen there? Cool. Can't think of a safer place to be. :woohoo:

Winter Youth Days begins on November 11th. Also, when I worked there they used to have Adventures in Education. I am not sure if its still around though. But a lot of schools used to come half day (full day optional) and they were given educational tours using the Ghost Town and Indian Trails areas. I remember that we didnt' know how many school groups would be coming or any youth groups until that morning. Usually scheduling would know a couple days prior. We usually had to process around 10 school groups each day.

My DD's 1st grade class went last year. I think they go around April/May. We mostly stayed in Camp Snoopy area where they "learned" about different modes of transportation. We did ride the train and the stagecoach though. The class left the main area at lunch time to eat in a separate area and we left the parking lot by 3 p.m. I think we didn't arrive until 9:30, or so.

Hope this helps, I too still like KBF. I've taken my DD7 there in May, and after Labor Day in Sept., and both times of year are great. Most of the local kids are back in school, and she can ride all the rides she wants. One time, we counted that she rode 26 rides (most in Camp Snoopy) I rode a few rides, as well! When we go in Sept, it is already decorated for the Halloween Haunt, and closes at 5 p.m. so it's like having the park to ourselves.

My DD is off track Jan., May, and Sept. :cloud9: We live about 30 min. from KBF, and the whole district is year round.

Have a great time, and even if Knott's is busy in November it won't come close to the crowds at DLR. With the exception of the actual holiday, that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter