Question about lanyards

EveDallas

Always keep fighting
Can you buy the plastic pouches in the shops by themselves? We've got a ton of lanyards but the plastic pouches are starting to tear at the edges. I know I could buy a bunch on Amazon or whatever, but we really like the ones that zip closed for water rides.

I've also heard that Universal will replace them if they are lanyards you purchased there. They have drawers full of the plastic pouches.

What size lanyard pouches would be recommended for Universal tickets? (I don't have a hard copy of my tix yet)

What size lanyard pouches would be recommended for Universal tickets? (I don't have a hard copy of my tix yet)

I don't know what the sizes are off-hand, but paper tickets are slightly smaller than a credit card size. Room key is the size of a credit card. So I would just make sure the pouch is big enough to hold a credit card and you should be fine.

I only use lanyards if I have Express Passes.
What size are the Express Passes? Will I just have to show someone the pass or do I have to swap it somewhere (can I just wear it on a lanyard or do I need one of those retractable things so it will reach?) Thanks!

They use hand-held scanners to check the Express Pass each time you use it. Just make sure it is visible through the plastic front of the lanyard pouch, then you can breeze through (much easier than stashing in a pocket or wallet.)

They are roughly the size of a credit card.

If you are getting a two-park pass, we put our Express Pass facing out on one side and our park ticket facing out the other side...makes it faster when entering the park and riding the Hogwarts Express.

They use hand-held scanners to check the Express Pass each time you use it. Just make sure it is visible through the plastic front of the lanyard pouch, then you can breeze through (much easier than stashing in a pocket or wallet.)

They are roughly the size of a credit card.

If you are getting a two-park pass, we put our Express Pass facing out on one side and our park ticket facing out the other side...makes it faster when entering the park and riding the Hogwarts Express.
Thanks!

I personally use the Witz brand hard plastic waterproof “see it safe” case with my Ravenclaw lanyard.

I just found them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/WITZ-Waterproof-Badge-Holder-Clear/dp/B001P5Y08C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516749739&sr=8-3&keywords=witz+waterproof+case

I love them! I often want to carry my hotel card/express pass, tickets, a little money and often a universal gift certificate. How awesome if I didn't have to carry a wallet or purse! (I love the magic bands at Disney for this reason.) Thanks for passing along this idea.

Last edited:
I only use lanyards if I have Express Passes.

With the amount of park hopping we do whenever we go, we always use lanyards for our tickets even if we don't have EP. So much more convenient than digging them out of pockets, purses, wallets etc, or risk them getting wet on any of the water rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter