Question about paying with DVC points and cash for cruise

Grumbo

DIS Veteran
For those that have done this how does it work for paying for a child with cash?
If the two adults were paid with DVC points, is a child (10 year old) paid at the advertised rate in the DCL info or does DVC have a specific cash rate?
Cheers,
Grumbo

DVC has specially negotiated cash rates for those DVC members who book part cash/part points. In my experience in asking (I've never booked thoough) DVC's cash rates are MUCH higher than DCL's rates. I've priced it out twice, using one adult on points, one adult, one child and one infant cash, it was only saving me $600 to book that way, what a waste!!! With both adults and only one child cash, I'd expect DVC's cash rate to be a couple to a few hundred more than DCL's.

Hmmmm that doesn't sound good then....
I know the point rates but as for the cash rate I was "hoping" it would be the same as DCL but then again should have known better :)
Cheers,
Grumbo

Grumbo, call DVC and ask them. Their cash rates do seem higher than early booking rates but as you get closer and your ship (I almost said "boat" :eek: ) starts to fill up the rates aren't that out of whack. DVC's cash rates don't change and therefore don't depend on how early you book.

Grumbo, call DVC and ask them

I am in the process of possibly buying into DVC so am NOT a member so don't think I can call DVC reservations and ask for that info.
Perhaps I'll call the "guide" I'm dealing with and see if he can give me a figure.
Cheers,
Grumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter