Question about Pop Rooms

olwyngdh

DIS Veteran
My google-fu is probably a fail, but does anyone have pictures of the rooms with handrails in the bathroom that are not bathrooms with roll in showers? I am curious on whether I get the really nice remodeled bathroom or if I have to bring extra storage stuff myself. I'm not even sure what to look for searching. My reservation says "PrfrdRm WChrAcc Tub OptHr Q QTblBd" I checked the thread on accessible rooms but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but if it helps the "QTblBd" refers to the murphy bed that is in the newly refurbished rooms.

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but if it helps the "QTblBd" refers to the murphy bed that is in the newly refurbished rooms.
I'm excited about the murphy bed. My husband also uses a scooter at Disney and that bed being up is going to make getting 2 scooters in the room a lot easier.

These are from the WDW website and don't show too much of the bathroom, but it might give you an idea. I think it's one large bathroom space, as opposed to the sink/closet area with separate tub/toilet room. It won't have all the little storage cubbies.

Hi,

My google-fu is probably a fail, but does anyone have pictures of the rooms with handrails in the bathroom that are not bathrooms with roll in showers? I am curious on whether I get the really nice remodeled bathroom or if I have to bring extra storage stuff myself. I'm not even sure what to look for searching. My reservation says "PrfrdRm WChrAcc Tub OptHr Q QTblBd" I checked the thread on accessible rooms but couldn't find an answer to my question.

"PrfrdRm WChrAcc Tub OptHr Q QTblBd"

Preferred Room Wheelchair Accessible (bath) Tub Optional Communication Hearing Queen (bed &) Queen Table Bed (murphy bed)

I'm excited about the murphy bed. My husband also uses a scooter at Disney and that bed being up is going to make getting 2 scooters in the room a lot easier.

I agree. A lot more room. There is room next to the window and also next to the wall between the door and TV/dresser.

Here is a link to the different room types that are on the WDW My Disney Experience for Pop Century Resort.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ifferent-types-of-handicap-bathrooms.3753763/

I tried to make a copy of the room description and the photo that WDW had shown. It would have been nice if WDW had made photos for each description type with actual bathroom show if it was a roll-in shower or a bathtub with handrails along with the toilet.

A Lot of the photos look like duplicates and some with no photo of the bathroom.

I was curious about one walk-in shower photo.

Here is another link with a lot of photos and measurements of a Pop roll-in shower standard room.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...nd-measurements.1180437/page-17#post-60704768

Last edited:
These are from the WDW website and don't show too much of the bathroom, but it might give you an idea. I think it's one large bathroom space, as opposed to the sink/closet area with separate tub/toilet room. It won't have all the little storage cubbies.
View attachment 489691
View attachment 489693
Bummer. I need the toilet and tub rails, but I was hoping they did that with the regular tons of storage bathroom. At least this lets me know I need to pack the over the door shoe pouches thing and the hanging shelves that I used to take all the time. It will only be my husband and me the next trip so it won't be too much of a problem--not like when we were taking our daughters and packing all 4 of us and a scooter into a Pop room!!

Hi,

"PrfrdRm WChrAcc Tub OptHr Q QTblBd"

Preferred Room Wheelchair Accessible (bath) Tub Optional Communication Hearing Queen (bed &) Queen Table Bed (murphy bed)

I agree. A lot more room. There is room next to the window and also next to the wall between the door and TV/dresser.

Here is a link to the different room types that are on the WDW My Disney Experience for Pop Century Resort.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ifferent-types-of-handicap-bathrooms.3753763/

I tried to make a copy of the room description and the photo that WDW had shown. It would have been nice if WDW had made photos for each description type with actual bathroom show if it was a roll-in shower or a bathtub with handrails along with the toilet.

A Lot of the photos look like duplicates and some with no photo of the bathroom.

I was curious about one walk-in shower photo.

Here is another link with a lot of photos and measurements of a Pop roll-in shower standard room.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...nd-measurements.1180437/page-17#post-60704768

I think I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope I get that one with the updated bathroom AND tub and toilet rails! We will be driving so I will toss the storage stuff in the car along with my shower chair because the moment I don't, I will need them.

Bummer. I need the toilet and tub rails, but I was hoping they did that with the regular tons of storage bathroom. At least this lets me know I need to pack the over the door shoe pouches thing and the hanging shelves that I used to take all the time. It will only be my husband and me the next trip so it won't be too much of a problem--not like when we were taking our daughters and packing all 4 of us and a scooter into a Pop room!!

In the roll-in shower room, I had there is an ironing board hanging on the wall across from the toilet. Maybe you could hang the door shoe pouches thing there.

Or the wooden coat hanger on the wall across from the murphy bed might be a good place to hang things. I parked my wheelchair there and hung my wheelchair charger there so it wouldn't lay on the floor and there is an electric charger below.

The bathroom has three shelves between the toilet & the sink.

There are shelves above the coffee maker.

I hope it works for you.

You can see photos in my link.

I think I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope I get that one with the updated bathroom AND tub and toilet rails! We will be driving so I will toss the storage stuff in the car along with my shower chair because the moment I don't, I will need them.

All of the Pop Century rooms have been updated.

You can request a chair for the tub and a step stool with a hand height hand grip to hold onto.

In the roll-in shower room, I had there is an ironing board hanging on the wall across from the toilet. Maybe you could hang the door shoe pouches thing there.

Or the wooden coat hanger on the wall across from the murphy bed might be a good place to hang things. I parked my wheelchair there and hung my wheelchair charger there so it wouldn't lay on the floor and there is an electric charger below.

The bathroom has three shelves between the toilet & the sink.

There are shelves above the coffee maker.

I hope it works for you.

You can see photos in my link.
We will make it work, we always have. We are just happy that with the new room configuration and only the two of us we don't have to go to a different resort--we love Pop and are really excited about the skyliner. Had we done the trip we were going to do this June before the Army decided we were moving that month we were going to have to go to a moderate to fit 3 of us and two scooters and still be able to get around the room. Im sorry my daughter isn't getting her graduation trip, but I am glad we had already canceled it before she lost everything else for the end of Sr year.

I didn't know you could request a shower chair! That is awesome!

Yes, you can. Before I needed a roll-in shower I needed the chair for the bathtub.

And the step stool with the hand support helped to step up and into & out the bathtub.

Also, the new Pop standard room beds were too high for me to get in and out of. Especially with no carpet and my foot slipping on the new smooth floor.

The roll-in shower rooms have much lower bed heights.

I realize that guests like higher beds because they can slide a lot of luggage and stuff under the bed.

I put my one large suitcase on top of the TV/dresser counter with plenty of space. I hang my backpack on the coat hanger near the front door.

Yes, you can. Before I needed a roll-in shower I needed the chair for the bathtub.

And the step stool with the hand support helped to step up and into & out the bathtub.

Also, the new Pop standard room beds were too high for me to get in and out of. Especially with no carpet and my foot slipping on the new smooth floor.

The roll-in shower rooms have much lower bed heights.

I realize that guests like higher beds because they can slide a lot of luggage and stuff under the bed.

I put my one large suitcase on top of the TV/dresser counter with plenty of space. I hang my backpack on the coat hanger near the front door.

You are making me feel so much better about all this. I didn't need near the accomodations the last time I went to Disney and I have been worried about making everything work and what I need to take. Hopefully, I will be able to get a pain pump before the trip and that will make things easier, but I am not holding my breath because the coronavirus shutdowns has put everything on hold and we are scheduled to PCS in July and will have to start all over with a new pain clinic.

All ears net. Has pictures of rooms at Disney resorts. All rooms are the same size. Not all hotels have the fifth bed. In there rooms. So you have to check if Pop has them

Great pics, lanejudy!
A picture really is worth a thousand words!
Glad to share though the pictures aren't mine. The ones in post #4 came directly from WDW. Post #5 is a link to another thread.

Not all hotels have the fifth bed. In there rooms. So you have to check if Pop has them
I don't believe anyone on this thread was looking for a 5th sleeper, which is not available at POP. The renovated rooms at POP now offer 2 queens - one a regular bed and one a murphy bed/table.

Correct. No regular room at any Disney Value resort has, ever had, or white likely will never have, a fifth (or more) sleeper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter