Question about Prime Day

mya1k9

Mouseketeer
So last year I tried to get in on the great Prime Day deals I heard of, I never was able to buy anything because it sold out or I couldn't find anything. What am I missing? I feel like I want looking correctly or maybe was expecting to much. Do you do Primd Day? What type of deals are you looking to get?

So last year I tried to get in on the great Prime Day deals I heard of, I never was able to buy anything because it sold out or I couldn't find anything. What am I missing? I feel like I want looking correctly or maybe was expecting to much. Do you do Primd Day? What type of deals are you looking to get?

Do you have a Prime membership? My understanding is that some of the sales start early for Prime members. People who aren't prime get the scraps.

I don't think I've gotten anything on prime day either. I'm not one that needs to have the latest gadgets or replace something that's working fine just to have a newer thing with more bells and whistles .

Of course we're paying college tuition so splurge spending is kept to a minimum .

I just went to the amazon site to see what items are on sale at 3pm. I saw 6 items. Surely that cant be it. Can it?? They're really sad items too, like mascara, an iron. Like really???? Tell me thats just a teaser? (a really sad teaser :lmao:)

Prime Day has never wowed. But it is the one day, besides today and right around Black Friday, that if you are looking for a Kindle, InstantPot, or something like that, you can get a really good deal. The rest of the stuff is just odd.

Now two years ago I did pick up a set of wireless earbuds for running. It was a brand I never heard of but they were regularly $50,00 and I got them for $24.99. They are FANTASTIC mid-range wireless earbuds and now I want another pair. I've never seen them go that low again and I don't want to pay $50 for them.

A lot of the best deals are "lightning deals", similar to door busters at stores. I have always found it's not worth the stress to be present right when the lightning deal opens up and sells out within a matter of seconds, but I'm sure those who can vouch for getting what they wanted.
I try to look for the secondary deals on days like this. Things like using Prime Now to order from Whole Foods and getting 2 $10 coupons for it. I was able to get a couple of pounds of coffee for essentially $2 after tip using that coupon.
Something else I have done is come up with a list of items I could actually use, and will be looking to see if there is a sale on any of them over the next couple of days. It seems that Amazon uses their "deals" to clear out some stock of random junk, and I hate getting caught up in shopping for a "deal".

The first year they did Prime Day was pretty good as far as deals go.
If you are looking specifically for an Amazon device you'll probably find great deals. I'm hoping for some discounted services like Amazon music family plan but I'm not holding my breath.
I think this just a way for Amazon to clear their warehouses, last year was pretty bad, it was a lot of "junk" barely on sale.
So no you aren't really missing anything. It is a lot of hype for nothing.

If you are looking specifically for an Amazon device you'll probably find great deals

This is what I'm thinking--they'll move tons of their line of devices. That's fine if that's what you're looking for, but the rest of it will likely be loads of misc. items.
I'd love to be wrong, OTOH I don't need to spend a bunch of money today.;)

Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. I am hoping to get my daughter a new kindle fire and was hoping to at least score that!!! We shall see!

jrmasm, my thoughts exactly. You get to spend a lot of money on stuff you haven't been planning to buy. Now, what's the connection between Amazon and the news shows? Been seeing Prime Day as the lead story on ABC World News, at least.

We just bought this morning a new Fire TV Stick as ours (several years old) has been crapping out lately and then my husband wanted a newer tablet as the windows one is starting to go bad too (it holds no battery charge for the most part and it resists updating) so we bought the Fire 8" HD.

Those deals were available early morning (7am or so) but unfortunately for us where we're at the Prime Day site is down and it's been reported as an outage affecting people in certain regions.

As for the OP. Normally there is a banner on the main webpage for "Prime Day" and you'll go there. As far as looking for things...they have thousands and thousands of things. I typically find it's hard to peruse things unless I either know what type of thing I'm looking for or there's not too too many items in the "Current Deals".

If you find something that is called an "Upcoming Deal" (meaning it's not quite included in Prime Day deals yet) you can opt in for "Watching" the deal and you'll be notified when the deal is live.

I was browsing Amazon and they are having problems with the site. I'm sure they'll get it squared away.
It's been just about 2 hours so far. I was trying to look up and see if there's any Disney-related stuff included in Prime Day or a lightning deal...but alas the website is still too wonky for that...hmm..maybe that's a good thing to keep me from spending money :rolleyes1

I just got an Amazon dot (aka "Alexa") for $29.99--- down $20 from the normal price. I wanted it for my daughter's dorm room.

I got one as a gift last Christmas from my BIL. I think around that time it was $25.

We've got a Prime membership, but I looked around and can't really see anything other than a few Amazon branded items.

Another Prime Day, another “meh.” It’s almost impossible to navigate. My suggestions are super weird. Sports drinks? Don’t drink them so have never looked at them. I did stumble upon the Sistema Bake It set for half off. I use the containers in my cabinets and pantry so bought two sets. Don’t need them now but they’ll get used eventually. Also bought two different sets of baking sheets since mine are trashed and have baking mats on my watch list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter