Question about Sharing

BeckyV

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide if we should add the Dining Plan for a short visit. My dd 13 and I usually split an entree and dessert because neither of us eat a lot. Is it possible for us to do this at say Coral Reef? Can we use one meal credit and share it as we usually do? I know we cannot for the buffets, but I wondered about the others. Anyone done this?

Thanks,
Becky

Just wondered if the servers frown upon people sharing/splitting a meal. Do they bring it out on 2 separate plates? DH and I could probably share some meals, but I wouldn't want to be looked at as cheap! What is everyone's experiences with this?

You can do it anywhere,m but not at the buffets or the all you can eat meals, such as dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.

I have done it once, and they brought the full meal out and a spare plate, but it was only once so this might not be the way it is always done.

I share meals all the time since I don't want to go away stuffed. On our last trip we were on the dining plan and would have found it way too much food if we hadn't split a few items. I usually had part of an appetizer and part of a dessert and was happy with that. When we went to LeCellier, I had their wonderful beef barley soup while the rest of the family had their full meals. Of course I did sneak a few shrimp (best I've had in a long time) and a few bites of dessert. By sharing, we ate at quite a few TS for lunch as well as dinner with the extra credits. When we were ready to check out we had 13 snack credits (during food & wine!) and 8 CS credits left (10 night trip with my DH, DS 17 and DS 15) but everyone left feeling that they had plenty of food.

Antonia said:
Just wondered if the servers frown upon people sharing/splitting a meal. Do they bring it out on 2 separate plates? DH and I could probably share some meals, but I wouldn't want to be looked at as cheap! What is everyone's experiences with this?

We split a meal (burger w/fries) at Beaches and Cream in October and they cut the burger in half and put the meal on two seperate plates to serve it. That's the only place I've tried splitting a meal. I'm planning to split a couple meals on my trip in September.

In my experience, they usually bring the meal on one plate and an extra plate. I've never had them actually divide the meal in the kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter