Question about something I saw on Pinterest

nesser1981

DIS Veteran
Forgive me, I’m sure this has been asked, I couldn’t find it.

On Pinterest I saw new in 2017, no more front gate show at Magic Kingdom and that Main Street opens an hour before the rest of the lands? So, if park hours are 9-9, does that mean we can get on Main Street at 8? I’m very confused. Thank you!

Forgive me, I’m sure this has been asked, I couldn’t find it.

On Pinterest I saw new in 2017, no more front gate show at Magic Kingdom and that Main Street opens an hour before the rest of the lands? So, if park hours are 9-9, does that mean we can get on Main Street at 8? I’m very confused. Thank you!

Just for further info.... for a 9AM opening, they open the gates 7:45ish-8AM. The "Let the Magic Begin" show will be at 8:55AM on the Castle Stage: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/entertainment/magic-kingdom/magic-kingdom-welcome/

Note, the "hour on Main Street" setup is not the same for pre-9AM park openings. For a 7 or 8AM opening, they usually open the gates 15ish (ish, key word) minutes early.

NOTE: Opening procedures can vary by the day... a minute or two here or there can have an impact. When it comes to any park opening procedures, keep an open mind and don't count on anything down to the exact minute.

Just for further info.... for a 9AM opening, they open the gates 7:45ish-8AM. The "Let the Magic Begin" show will be at 8:55AM on the Castle Stage: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/entertainment/magic-kingdom/magic-kingdom-welcome/

Note, the "hour on Main Street" setup is not the same for pre-9AM park openings. For a 7 or 8AM opening, they usually open the gates 15ish (ish, key word) minutes early.

NOTE: Opening procedures can vary by the day... a minute or two here or there can have an impact. When it comes to any park opening procedures, keep an open mind and don't count on anything down to the exact minute.
It’s a 9 am opening the day we’re going.

I have a BOG reservation for 8:25am on a 9am opening day. So it sounds like if I want a relatively empty Main Street I will need to get there well before 8 and hope they let us in before the crowds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!