Question about the Swan/Dolphin

Disneybridein2k3

I am and I'm not afraid to admit
I was listening to the 1/8/08 show about planning a Disney trip and found it very informative (I usually only stay on property so the off property part was new to me). Anyway, my question is this -- I know that the Swan and Dolphin does offer discounts to teachers and military but I was wondering if they offer any discounts to police officers. And if not, do any of the hotels offer a discount for police? Thanks in advance!
~Stacy

Hi Disneybridein2k3, Yes you would qualify for a discount at the Swan Dolphin Hotel. The government discount covers anyone that works for local state or national government. If you get paid by a town or county you qualify for the government discount.

Just a note here I just finished loading the discount rates for September 1 - December 31 and this is the best time to grab the discounts for that time period. What happens is the Swan/Dolphin release all there discount dates now and then as they fill up they pull them back. If you are not sure on exact dates book more than you need then pull back once you figure out the exact dates to travel. It only costs you the one night refundable deposit to hold the room and you lock in the rate.

Hi Disneybridein2k3, Yes you would qualify for a discount at the Swan Dolphin Hotel. The government discount covers anyone that works for local state or national government. If you get paid by a town or county you qualify for the government discount.

Just a note here I just finished loading the discount rates for September 1 - December 31 and this is the best time to grab the discounts for that time period. What happens is the Swan/Dolphin release all there discount dates now and then as they fill up they pull them back. If you are not sure on exact dates book more than you need then pull back once you figure out the exact dates to travel. It only costs you the one night refundable deposit to hold the room and you lock in the rate.
:thumbsup2 Thanks Bawb! That's awesome news! I hadn't ever considered the Swan Dolphin before but had heard about the Heavenly beds. I will let DH know the great news! ~Stacy

Hi Bob. After listening to the 'Casts we are considering staying at the Swan or Dolphin this year. Either in the Fall (late Sept-early Oct.) or the early part of Dec. Unfortuantely we aren't ready to make a final decision, but where do I find the discounted rates? I'd love to see the $150 a night rate Pete mentions!

I've also considered booking our vacation through DU, but like I said, we just haven't made the final desicion about when to go or how long! Maybe once we see the discounted rates, we'll get cracking and make a desicion.

Hi lorax123, For those that haven't listened yet you can find the section on the podcast at 75 minutes 45 seconds on the discussion 1/8 podcast. Pete mentioned that you can find rates of $159 - $169.00 at the hotels. That is during value season at the Dolphin hotel which runs from June 19 - September 13 and again December 14 - Decmber 20 this year. I have made a post that takes you through the whole Swan/ Dolphin discount process. Find the link below.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1679351

This thread will really help you understand the ins and outs of getting a discount or better yet seeing if you qualify for a discount at Swan/ Dolphin.
The Swan and Dolphin just released their discounts from September 1 - the end of December this week. I highly recommend you take a minute and check out the discount rates for those dates if you have any plans at all of traveling in that time period.

Booking dates you are not sure of the exact date, is sometimes a real good idea. It only costs you the one night refundable deposit but it locks in the discounts till you get closer and ties in the best dates for say the airfare.

Why is the Swan slightly higher than the Dolphin? Also, which resort would be better for a family of four sharing the room? Those military rates are looking very attractive!

The Swan hotel is $20.00 higher than the Dolphin right now. I am not sure why that is. Some years they have been the same and others they are higher.

The Swan hotel has two queen beds in the rooms and the Dolphin have oversize doubles. The difference they say is 1 1/2 inches I am told.

Both hotel do have the greatest bed in the world, the Heavenly Bed :cloud9:in all the rooms .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter