Question about traveling by train in UK.

disneypharm

DIS Veteran
I have been searching the internet for days for an answer to my question and can't seem to find any answers, so I thought this would be a great place to check out.

DD21 will be traveling around UK for the next 2 months with my sister who is a US citizen, but lives both in the US and UK. I bought DD21 a Britrail pass (15 days, 2 months) 3 days ago and it arrived in the mail yesterday. We have been trying to find a similar ticket for my sister, but the options are very limited. She can't buy a Britrail pass, because she also lives in the UK several months a year. She can't buy a Eurail pass because of the same reason I mentioned. She can only buy an Interrail pass which only goes to a very limited locations in the UK and none of them (eg, Oxford, Cambridge) are on her list. In addition, she can only use the Interrail for one outbound and one inbound train, so basically she can only leave UK once.
She mentioned that trains have become extremely expensive in the UK, so one trip for a UK citizen or resident can be as much as $200, so my question is: Is there any discount pass for UK citizen/resident?
Thank you for your help in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!