question about waitlist...

5 Disney Fans

DIS Veteran
I made reservations for a 2br for BWV but really wanted to stay at BLT 2br standard view. I booked at 7 month window (I own at SS). We have 9 people so thought BLT would be more comfortable w/ the extra bathroom and beds for 9. They have availability for different "views" but don't have an extra 30+ points to use. When I called at 7 months out, not all days were available for the week we wanted at BLT so we waitlisted the week and made the ressie for BWV.

Here is the question... any thoughts to how likely it is our waitlist will come through for the week of July 7th? I had asked how far down we were on the waitlist and was told it is all automated so there is no way to tell.

Also, if I made ADRs (our 180 day window starts next week).. will our ADRs transfer if our waitlist request does come through?

standard view at BLT can be very tough. i know some BLT owners have complained about availability right around the 11 month window. nothing is impossible but i wouldn't count on it very heavily as there are not a lot of standard view rooms and they are very in-demand by BLT owners.

ADRs are not attached to your reservation at all so far as i know.

I seriously doubt you will get BLT standard for that time period. Owners book up almost all the standard view rooms due to the point requirements- in fact the ability to get standard views at times is why many people bought in. If you really want BLT then you will probably need to go for a lakeview especially if looking at more than 2 nights in a row.

When I called at 7 months out, not all days were available for the week we wanted at BLT so we waitlisted the week and made the ressie for BWV.

Here is the question... any thoughts to how likely it is our waitlist will come through for the week of July 7th? I had asked how far down we were on the waitlist and was told it is all automated so there is no way to tell.
Knowing your position on the WL isn't necessarily helpful. You could be at the top of the list, but never get your WL fulfilled while several below you on list waiting for some of the same nights you need do get their WL filled.

A wait list has to be filled in it's entirety. MS doesn't hold some of your nights for you waiting for the rest to become available. They will work their way through the list to see if the available nights will completely fill someone's WL, even if that member is below you on the list. Therefore, the more nights you need, the less likely it is that your WL will come through. In your case, all 7 nights have to become available at the same time to fulfill your request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter