Question for DVC Owners whose kids have "grown up" and you go solo

DSLRuser

Age is a state of mind
Do you find you take more frequent trips, or are you doing things like getting a 1 bedroom even though you only have 2 people going?

Nowadays we take only a studio. But we spread our points around other destinations like Aulani, as well as WDW.

We just started going solo a few years ago and got a studio to try it out. It was fine for us and this way we can save points and have one trip solo and one trip with "grown up kids" too!

My sister is a DVC owner and she has decided even with just the two of us this trip to get one bedroom because she likes having the washer and dryer and the extra space. As it turns out her daughter invited herself down for two nights so glad we have the extra space

We’ve been getting 1 BR but will try a studio for the first half of our next stay. It will be nice to save the points, but we’ll have to see how we do with the more limited in-room breakfast options. And with packing enough clothes to last until we move into the 1BR!

We joined in 2009 when our kids were 19(DD) and 15(DS). When we take a solo trip we always stay in a studio, but I miss the washer / dryer in the one bedroom.

We still take family vacations but as DD is now 28 and married with a son (4) and another on the way we need to save our points for two bedrooms.

Took our grandson and the kids to GCL (2 bedroom) to visit "Mickey's House" when he was two. He still talks about it. So much for being too young to remember!

We started going solo a few years ago. We stay in studios and sometimes a 1BDR. It all depends how many trips we are taking, were any of my adult kids going with their wives, dd has also now started going. She recently went with future son-in-law - they got engaged in Disney. (Two sons have their own points - but they are never enough and use some of mine here and there).

DW and I have since @'98 done DVC studios for our own trips.
We prefer more trips than more room.
That is the beauty of DVC, each person/family can choose how they want to vacation based on their wants/needs.

The two of us usually get a one bedroom. We occasionally get a studio, but OKW only for two real beds. We're too set in our ways to share one queen bed. And neither of us can suffer through a night on the sleeper sofa.

Do you find you take more frequent trips, or are you doing things like getting a 1 bedroom even though you only have 2 people going?
we just made a trip without the kids in December and absolutely got the 1 bedroom for just the two of us!!!

Studio for a short stay(2-3 nights) for the 2 of us. We'll do an OKW studio for 4 to save points, but not elsewhere.
Usually it's for a RunDisney event.

2 BR if we take the kids/family. It all comes down to points.

Our plan for the next few trips:
April Star Wars run-4 of us, OKW studio
October park visit-5 of us 2 br-AK
Jan Marathon weekend-2 or 4 of us, Studio if 2 or OKW studio if 4.
April Star Wars-4 of us, OKW studio

We've been DVC members for almost 20 years, when our daughter got out of college. We started out staying in a 1 bedroom for 1.5 weeks every year, till retirement. The past 2 years, we have only stayed in studios. We can now stay for close to a month at the end of Feb. Loving it, especially nice since to be getting away from the cold northeast! Our daughter is now married with a child, if they want to visit, we get a 1 bedroom, or 2 studios side by side at Poly. Works out nice.

We always do a one bedroom, 2 or 3 times a year for never less than a week. Need the kitchen to make breakfast and lunch and the laundry. But we also rarely go to parks anymore

I get a one bedroom just for me Plus I try to save up points for a big group trip (about 10 people) every 3 years

Studio. We only a light breakfast in the room or a snack. We do a 1 or 2 bedroom if the adult kids are with us. It's normally with DH and I or DD and I and a studio is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts