Question for Married Ladies

Which bridal ring(s) do you wear in the parks?

• Both my wedding band and engagement ring

Votes: 80 60.6%
  • Just my wedding band

Votes: 22 16.7%
  • Just my engagement ring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer to not wear either

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • I wear a fake set while vacationing

Votes: 14 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My rings only cost $100 over 30 years ago. Not pricey, but never thought about taking them off.

It's an interesting subject to bring up, though. One of my daughters has a set worth over $10k. They are insured, but I still may make the suggestion to her to leave them home next time. I did tell her DH to not even think about putting them on her finger unless they were insured, as she loses stuff nearly every single day. Thankfully, he had them insured at the jeweler when he purchased.

I wear just my wedding band, but I always wear just my wedding band. Neither my wedding band, nor engagement ring are fancy enough to be a theft risk, so that's not a concern. I do take my ring off and store it in the room when I am swimming, but otherwise I'm not particularly concerned it will fall off.

We were engaged in Disney and married in Disney - Disney is the cornerstone of my marriage! :)
I have a 1930's engagement ring (which belonged to my husband's grandmother) that is soldered together with my wedding band. It have it insured and it's been appraised to be valued at over $11k.... and I could NEVER leave my ring at home in a safe while on vacation and not worry. As a matter of fact, I might not enjoy my vacation at all if I left my ring/s at home because I would be worried about them! Although we live in a very safe area, I just could not leave them at home.

When hurricane Harvey hit and our home flooded this ring stayed on my finger for weeks. When I travel for work I NEVER take them off. Ever. Not when I sleep, not when I shower.... but when it's a normal work day, the first thing that I do when I get home from work is take my ring off and tuck it safely away because it catches on laundry or because I smash my hand into the front loader washer or dryer...

I have a Qualo ring that is rubber that can be slid on my finger, in front of my wedding ring, to ensure that my ring never leaves my finger while swimming or at the water parks.

My ring is as much of a part of me as my contacts are (and I can't leave home without them either!!!) :)

I wear my set. I feel naked without it and have never had to worry about losing them because they fit so well. I take them off before swimming, but otherwise I always have them on.

I only wear my wedding band when I travel. It’s the only pierce of jewelry that I can sleep in, so I don’t take it off.

I wear both, but my engagement ring is definitely on the more modest side. When we got engaged, we were broke, young, and in love, and I told my husband that I didn't want him spending a ton of money on a ring. That's not to say that I wouldn't be heartbroken if it was lost, but I am less concerned about having flashy jewelry that would make me the target of theft. We both take our rings off when we're swimming though, especially in the ocean. If I'm leaving valuables in my hotel room, I lock them in my suitcase with my TSA-approved travel lock. I think it's unlikely that housekeeping will steal anything, but I also think my laptop or jewelry will be less likely to go missing if it's in something big and cumbersome.

I'm a volunteer firefighter and EMT, and the only other time I take me set off is when I'm doing that, or working with power tools. No one wants a de-gloved ring finger :crazy2: Those silicone rings are great and can be found cheaply on Amazon if the Qalo rings are a bit out of your budget.

It depends on the weather when we are in WDW. If it's not humid or super hot, I'll wear both (finger swelling issue, too). Otherwise, just the band.

My wedding band is very thin (looks like it came from a soda can pop-top), and my engagement ring is actually an anniversary band (thicker band with diamonds across). I did not want a traditional engagement ring because I know I would keep knocking it into something. Their worth is all sentimental and not monetary.

Since I work from home, I rarely have them on during the week. I will wear my band on the weekends and sometimes the engagement ring.

We don't wear rings, at all. I have sensitive skin, so we just opted to not have rings. If we did wear them, I imagine it would just be second nature to wear them on holiday. If it was something, I would take off at night, I would probably just leave them at home. I'm forgetful and lose stuff constantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter