Question for Orlando Mke

mickeem

Crazy4WDW!!
Hi Mike,
Ok, so you live in Orlando.. How often do you find yourself at WDW??
I am moving the end of this week, Still have PAP, until May, so I know I will use try to get to the parks as much as possible. I just wondered how often you find yourself stopping by the parks, or even Downtown Disney... (or Epcot for heading for the Rose & Crown, which we missed you last Dec....) ;)

mickeem said:
Hi Mike,
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
He's there 5 days a week....sometimes 6......he works there......

sorry I couldn't resist!

You will find the first 6 months you live here you will still enjoy going to the parks, and will go quite often.

The charm does wear off after a few months, and you will find yourself going less and less.

Do I still enjoy Disney? Yes! But things seem to get in the way when you live here and you are not on vacation. Remember, you will no longer be staying in a hotel with nothing to do all day. You will work 5 days a week, and on your days off you will have yard and house work. You will get a great thought like "Hey wouldn't it be fun to hop over to the MK to see the fireworks"? Then you will realize you have to park at TTC, take the monorail, and fight the crowds, just to see some fireworks! It's still fun to go there for dinner, but you will soon realize that because of the prices, and the parking situation, it will become more of a place to go for special events (Birthdays and such) than to just go for dinner. It's a lot easier to hit your local place where you can park right out front, than to park in the front of EPCOT and walk all the way to the back just for Mexican food.

I still go when I have friends in town, and try to hit Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, and Christmas.

But no, I do not go like I used to.

If you have any other questions about Orlando dont hesitate to ask.

Mike

OrlandoMike said:
If you have any other questions about Orlando dont hesitate to ask.

Mike

Hey Mike -

I do have a question.....a reccommendation for the best Sushi in Orlando? (NOT WDW)

Hmmm not going to be a big help on this one. Sushi is one of those foods that when I eat it out I want to make sure the restaurant is clean. So if I eat it out, as apposed to making it at home, I usually only eat it at the California Grill. That is one treat I still go to the world for, sitting at the sushi bar and talking to the sushi chefs while eating dinner. (They will often throw some extra pieces your way if your nice).

If you go to WDW via the Greeneway (417) there is a nice place on the way. Get off at Orange Blossom Trail and turn right, turn into the Target plaza, there is a decent hole in the wall there. Half Chineese half Japaneese. They have a small sushi bar there and it seems to be clean.

OK this post has made a liar out of me. In a very unusual pattern, we went to MK yesterday for lunch (Crystal Palace) and watched the flag retreat, and today after work some co-workers and I are going to DAK to ride EE. This is strange for me.

On a side note, for those of you who have never seen the flag retreat at the MK, try to catch this, it's very patriotic and moving!

Mike

Thanks Mike Ihave heard fro friends that the Flag Cermony is moving will add that to my list of things. :cool1:

mickeem said:
Hi Mike,
I am moving the end of this week, Still have PAP, until May, so I know I will use try to get to the parks as much as possible.

While I am not Mike, I figured that I would take a shot at answering given that I am not a Cast Member and might have a perspective closer to yours. :)

I bought my house in Metro Orlando 15 May, 2000 (5 acres, 11 minutes from the Cast Entrance to WDW). I have a charter premium florida resident annual pass, and still go at least a few times a week either to one of the parks or to Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island when I am in town (usually about 10 days a month).

/carmi

I recently took an early retirement at 55.

I dream of going to Orlando, and getting an apartment there.

For now I am keeping my home in Connecticut.

A good friend of mine recently moved from Orlando to the Northeast, otherwise I would be knocking on his door every month.
An oddly he can't wait to go back to Disney already on my next DVC Vacation.

I have another friend and his wife who contemplate moving to Orlando, and they know if they do, I will be paying for a 2nd bedroom in their apartment PLUS some !

I have looked at the FORRENT internet site too often, and I have my favorite apartments already to look at for relocation. SABAL PALMS is very close, I am not sure if it is the right choice. METROWEST looks great, but I am still not sure of the location. Downtown Orlando looks like fun, but pricey.

I suspect I would end up getting tired of Disney every day too.

Yet I still can't get rid of that dream in my head.

If I got a job there, it might even make it worse.
I don't want to ruin the love for Disney.
Yet I would love to get the perks and the three passes to let in friends and family. But then I would have to deal with "You only get three passes?"

Lets all stay at Mike's Place !
How many passes can you get us Mike.

Just Kidding !!!!

Thanks guys!
Well I have been here 4 whole days, and have not yet gotten to a park. Still unpacking some boxes! But I see Disney in my future this weekend!! lol!

Thanks for the info!

I'm kind of jealous, but I am really happy for you both !.

Please say hello to Tigger for me.

Phil

Traci - you've been down there 4 whole days and you haven't gone to a park yet?! Something is wrong here! I've been keeping an eye out for job postings for you, nothing yet ... unless you have a law degree, but I'll keep looking. It's too bad you're going to miss springtime in Western New York - that wonderful time of year when the snow stops, the rain comes and the lawn becomes saturated and muddy.

Ya'll have to realize, when you live here there are a ton of things to do. You're no longer on vacation, you have a home to maintain, a yard to maintain, shopping to be done, all of the normal things of life. Throw a 40-50 hour work week on top of that and there isn't a lot of time left over for theme park visits.

It's not that the Magic wears off, it's that reality and life get in the way.

But I must admit, it is great having the place in your backyard!

As far as tickets go......those have been spoken for for quite some time, That is one of the other perks of being a Disney CM, you instantly have lots of friends from out of town! LOL

mickeem said:
Thanks guys!
Well I have been here 4 whole days, and have not yet gotten to a park. Still unpacking some boxes! But I see Disney in my future this weekend!! lol!

Thanks for the info!

That's great that you've arrived. Keep us "posted."

Welcome to Orlando by the way!

If you need any tips on anything at all be sure to ask.

I know lots of great, local, out of the way places to eat, when you get tired of the mouse house! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter