Question For Repeat Cruisers About Western...

patches-4

<font color=009999>Had been visited by the Fairy..
JUST RETURNED FROM 4-DAY WESTERN (ON ANOTHER CRUISELINE...YUCK!!) BUT HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT ROUGHNESS OF SEA THIS TIME OF YEAR. FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE CRUISED THIS TIME OF YEAR ARE THE SEAS ALWAYS ROUGH IN JAN. COMPARED TO MAY OR JUNE OR WAS IT JUST OUR LUCK TO GO WHEN THEY HAD REALLY BAD SEAS??? THE SECOND NIGHT OUT THE WATER WAS SO ROUGH YOU COULD HARDLY WALK STRAIGHT, AND BOY WAS I GLAD WE TOOK OUR SEABANDS AND BONINE. THE OTHERS AT OUR DINER TABLE WERE DROPPING OFF LIKE FLIES, AS WERE THOSE AT OTHER TABLES. THEY KEPT THE HOUSEKEEPING STAFF BUSY THAT NIGHT ALL OVER THE SHIP!! THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. JUST DIDN'T WANT TO BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE IN JAN. FOR WESTERN IF THEY WERE GOING TO BE LIKE THIS EVERYTIME.;) :p

Hmmm, we were on the Western in December and the seas were remarkably CALM, calmer than they were on the Eastern the year before. I don't know how different January is from December but we had very little motion on the ship.

Keep in mind that ships have different stabilizer systems too. I'm not sure what ship you were on but if it was one of the older ones that may have affected the amount of motion you felt too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter