Question for those who have used Hotel Kingdom

dorisdvu

Mouseketeer
I have booked 2 rooms at PBH thru Hotel Kingdom. I am confused about the amount that is due. The room rate is $206.10 per night/room + tax and the stay is 2 nights. Hotel Kingdom charged 10% per room downpayment and PBH charged a 2nd downpayment 1 night stay. HK and PBH show the balance owed is $817.07. It seems to me that the balance should be $633.89.

$206.10 x 4 = 824.40
$824.40 - $91.60 (HK 10%) = 732.80
$732.80 + 11.5% tax (84.27) = $817.07

This is what HK is showing that is owed. The 2nd downpayment that was charged by PBH is not showing.
It seems the amount due would be $817.07 - $183.20 = $633.89

Am I missing something?:confused:

HK website states
"Please note: The Hotel's computers at the front desk will only show the amount of the remaining balance due to hotel plus tax. They will not show your downpayment. This is to avoid any overcharging or double charging of your downpayment by front desk staff.

To secure your reservation, you have been charged a downpayment on your credit card. This downpayment has been deducted from your room rent. There is a second downpayment of the first room night plus tax, which is charged by the hotel on your credit card. The remainder plus tax is due and payable to the hotel upon checkout."

Doris -

The problem you are experiencing is the same one I had when I booked through Hotel Kingdom.

Evindently, the PBH no longer charges the room deposit ONLY Hotel Kingdom, which, if I am reading your calculations correctly, would leave that correct balance due.

Check your credit card statement to be sure, but when I had this same confusion, I called Hotel Kingdom and the hotel directly and got the same answer and the same balance due, which made me feel better.

That said, I have not used that reservation yet, but I am bringing all my paperwork with me when I check in so that it will all (hopefully) work out.

Bottom line - I think you are fine! :D

I've never used Hotel Kingdom for reservations but I do know that my card has never been charged when my reservation is with PBH. I agree I would just watch the credit card statement. Hope you have a great time!

terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter