Question re. throwaway room for express pass

dwigt

Earning My Ears
My family, 2 adults and 1 child, are going to Universal for only one day during a Disney trip. I had not planned on getting express passes, but now it looks like we will be there only a week after the new Hagrid coaster opens. Crowds are listed to be 9/10. We mainly planned on seeing Harry Potter World. On Universal's website the Express Pass price is for one adult is $316. I am now thinking of booking a throwaway room, as it will be much much cheaper. I am a little confused about the logistics.

We will be going to Universal 6/25. If I book a room for that night, based on other posts I know I can check in as early as 6:00am and receive the express passes which are the hotel cards. I am not clear on how you then check out if you do not use the room? Wouldn't you have to return the hotel cards? We would not be able to go back the next day because we have an early morning planned at Hollywood Studios. Thanks!

First, love your name :D Threat Level: Midnight

You do not need to return the keys, or check out really...we've just left before without remembering to "check out" no issues. You can check out by phone as well, if you prefer.

Yep, you can even check out by text message.

FYI- I'm not sure it has been said yet whether Hagrid ride will have express pass. The other Harry Potter rides did not when they first opened.

Thanks!! Yes, I know the new one will not, but with the crowds being increased because of it I figured it will help with the other rides.

First, love your name :D Threat Level: Midnight

You do not need to return the keys, or check out really...we've just left before without remembering to "check out" no issues. You can check out by phone as well, if you prefer.

D-W-I-G-H-T
My uncle bought me some fireworks. Anyone who wants to see a real show, come with me outside now.

The Office never grows old.

Thanks!! That sounds simple enough, and it’s like $600 cheaper than buying them outright for the 3 of us.

D-W-I-G-H-T
My uncle bought me some fireworks. Anyone who wants to see a real show, come with me outside now.

The Office never grows old.

Thanks!! That sounds simple enough, and it’s like $600 cheaper than buying them outright for the 3 of us.

Just make sure you have the math right. Something sounds a bit off. On 6/25 you can get three park to park unlimited express passes for about $450 ($150 per person)

A thought I had was why not book the room for 6/24, the day before park day and spend that night in the Universal room, maybe go to City Walk that night and you’ll be at Universal for your park day. And possible early entry day. The hotel Express Pass is good for 2 days, check in and check out day. And you may find you really like the Universal hotels lol!

I am not clear on how you then check out if you do not use the room? Wouldn't you have to return the hotel cards?

I haven’t had to return a hotel keycardninni don’t even know how long. And the ones at universal have your name printed on them.

We just leave. We almost never do a checkout process.

We would not be able to go back the next day because we have an early morning planned at Hollywood Studios.

Aw, sad. You get the express pass for checkin and checkout days, you know. I mean, you have to buy tickets for both days, but the EP is covered by the room both days.

Just make sure you have the math right. Something sounds a bit off. On 6/25 you can get three park to park unlimited express passes for about $450 ($150 per person)

Thanks! I cleared my cart and added it again and it is a different price. Either glitch or double adding to cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter