Question Regarding Carry-ons

Jobro2

Mouseketeer
We plan on securing our suitcases this trip with cable ties, as we hear this makes things easier..my question is...we will need to cut the cable ties with nail clippers, and from what I understand, we can't bring clippers in "carry-on" luggage? (or can we?) Should we pack them in the outside pocket of a suitcase that we check in at the port, and if so, will they be confiscated while going thru x-ray??Obviously, we can't pack them inside a suitcase, as we need them to open them up...any suggestions??? Thanks!

We've used zip ties for our past two trips and they worked great. I put the nail clippers in my carry-on and was never questioned. Just a word of caution. Some clipper have large, pointy nail files with them which might not pass, but we found a pair that was just the clipper and it worked fine.

Be sure and pack extra for the return trip as well :)

I would put the nail clippers in an outside pocket of your checked luggage. They may be ok in you carry on, but if you get a screener who thinks it isn't ok, you lose a pair of clippers.

sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter