Question regarding EPCOT

Redbeard52

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
You know...it's one of those things that I "know" I know, but for the life of me, I just cannot remember. So I thought I would ask the smart people here at the DIS and see what they said.

I know that World Showcase opens later than the front part of EPCOT, but can you go in the back way (via the World Showcase) from the Boardwalk area to get to the front of EPCOT while the World Showcase is still closed?

Or do you have to go around to the front and enter that way?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, the International Gateway opens at the same time as the "front" gate. You will just walk through World Showcase past the UK and Canadian Pavilions to get to Future World. There will be CMs stationed along the way to "guide" you to Future World(actually the walkways to France and Mexico are roped off until WS opens).

It's actually a very nice peaceful walk - kind of nice for picture taking, since you will only see a few others along the way.

Thanks so much, CarolMN.

I knew I could count on the DIS!!!

Does anyone know if they will let you out that way before World Showcase opens?

We will be at POFQ, thought about going to Epcot for EE, then head over to Spoodles on the Boardwalk for Breakfast. Just wondering if this would work???

Yes, you can exit via the International Gateway before World Showcase opens. We ran (literally) over to Test Track at park opening, rode three times, and left to go to another park via the International Gateway.
You will absolutely LOVE Spoodles breakfast. My son and I are crazy for their breakfast pizza/flatbread. We had a number of very enjoyable breakfasts at Spoodles. Great food and atmosphere.

I just want to agree that it is a nice peaceful walk, and even more than that-it's a nice, peaceful sit! Last time I sat on a bench by UK and just listened to the WS music while I was looking over some notes. I would love to sometime when I'm staying at BCV, bring my morning coffee and a book and sit there!

The International Gateway is practically a WDW secret, and our favorite entrance to any WDW park. Don't bring it up and let its availability and uniqueness remain a secret.

I don't think it will ever get very crowded (unless WS opens earlier). Most people are looking for something to "do", and there just isn't anything to "do" unless you walk quite a distance.

I agree, it is a very nice, quiet area at that time of the morning.

Don't be afraid to ask the CM's on duty to take your picture. It's a great way to relaxed, uncrowded photos of yourselves in the WS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter