Question regarding WDW hotels sold out 11/30-12/5

MikeTheMonster

Part Time Employee at Monsters Inc.
We have booked a trip to go to WDW for five nights from 11/30 to 12/5 staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Our friends now want to join us for the same dates at the same resort and there are no rooms available. In fact, there are no rooms available at any WDW resorts for those dates. Why are these dates sold out three months in advance? There is no holiday during these dates. And other than MVMCP, there does not appear to be any special event at WDW. Is this the norm now for Disney to completely sell out of all of their rooms for non-holiday dates? Or, do you think they will release more rooms to the public as sometime in the next three months?

We have booked a trip to go to WDW for five nights from 11/30 to 12/5 staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Our friends now want to join us for the same dates at the same resort and there are no rooms available. In fact, there are no rooms available at any WDW resorts for those dates. Why are these dates sold out three months in advance? There is no holiday during these dates. And other than MVMCP, there does not appear to be any special event at WDW. Is this the norm now for Disney to completely sell out of all of their rooms for non-holiday dates? Or, do you think they will release more rooms to the public as sometime in the next three months?

Lowest pricing, low crowds, all the Christmas decorations are up, weather is usually good.
It is the best time to go if you want to "go for Christmas".
12/2-12/9 is Pop Warner week--football and cheer teams, and fills all the value resorts and some of the moderates. It fills the resorts, but doesn't crowd the parks, as they are there for athletic competition. Also, currently Coronado Resort & Carribbean Beach have construction going on, and less rooms. Also, Pop and I don't know what else are doing room renovations. One building at a time, I think< but still takes all those rooms out of inventory.
And yes, you do have to book more than 3 months out, unless you have unlimited financial resources. Your question made me laugh. But if you have enough $$, there are great hotels not on property. But I have no idea of what they may have available.
Luckily, you planned far enough ahead to get a room! Enjoy your trip. And don't miss the Candlelight Processional at Epcot and the Holiday Storytellers.

I ran your dates for the sheer heck of it, because I was a little surprised. We frequently book on that kind of timeframe, and can usually get something, even if the pickings are kind of slim. If you scroll ALL the way down, there is availability for a couple of deluxe villas and the campground (which probably doesn't help you, but it is something). My guess would be that you're running into the end of the Thanksgiving traffic, plus maybe Pop Warner has a higher participation level than usual. They do sometimes hold rooms, so I'd keep checking, and you might have a flurry of availability around the end of October/beginning of November when people who have those dates booked would have to finalize.

I booked a trip from 11/25 to 12/2 on a whim in late March - wasn't even sure we could swing it, but just had a feeling. Glad I did - from the day I booked our trip, I haven't seen hardly anything available at any resort. Frankly, it's kind of shocking - I can't believe they aren't building new resorts every month if they can keep them all 100% filled. If you're friends can't get on property, there are plenty of great nearby options, such as vacation home rentals or staying at a super close resort (my friends love Wyndham Bonnett Creek).

People will also drop their reservations at 31 days out (if they have a package) to avoid losing their deposit. So check back at that time to see how availability changes.

Also -- the website can be very strange sometimes. I had problems booking a room when it was 5 months out in advance during the morning -- went on that evening and had no problems finding a room. when all else fails, they could also try calling guest services and seeing if they can find something too.

Along with what others have already said, with the changes at multiple resorts recently there are about 1500 less rooms available in the inventory than last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter