Questions about backpacks while riding at Busch Gardens

mommyto3girls

Mouseketeer
I saw that they do not allow bags on most of the rides at Busch Gardens. I also saw that they do have lockers, but my question is where are the lockers located? If they are at the entrance to the ride I am wondering about how practical that would be as I would not have access to my phone, drink, etc the whole time I am in line. I'm also worried about where to keep quarters for the lockers and the locker key. Many of my shorts do not have pockets. Do they have bins that you can use just while you are on the ride?
thanks

There are no locker keys - you choose a code and use that to open your locker. There is also an option to pay one fee (it was $5 when I was there last year) that allows you to use the lockers for the whole day (there are lockers outside all the major rides so you pay the $5 the first time then 'move' your locker as you go from ride to ride). I've seen some people keep their phones on them while in line but then you're running the risk that it will fall out of your pocket while on the ride. Some of the rides have small bins but if you try to get in line with a backpack, staff will most likely turn you away and make you go get a locker. I've never been allowed to get in line with a bag.

Is this for all the rides or just the big coasters? My DD is not a fan of roller coasters so the only rides we would want to ride as a family are probably the two kiddie coasters, Skyride, and the train. Would we be able to take a small backpack on those 4 rides?

Is this for all the rides or just the big coasters? My DD is not a fan of roller coasters so the only rides we would want to ride as a family are probably the two kiddie coasters, Skyride, and the train. Would we be able to take a small backpack on those 4 rides?
Bags are fine on the Skyride and train. I don't have any experience with kids rides but I would think it's probably ok. I think the no bags is really only for coasters or rides where you're in danger of losing your stuff. I was allowed to take my bag on Cobra's Curse because it's fairly tame so I assume kids rides would be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter