Questions about Ft.Wilderness Golf Carts

myfairygodmother

Mouseketeer
I've just booked our Ft. Wilderness cabin for Oct. 11-18th and reserved a golf cart for the week. This will be my first time at FW and I still have a few questions for all of the experts out there...

1)Are there places at the cabins to recharge the carts and how long will they usually run on a full charge?

2)How's security with the carts, is it safe to leave it at the marina all day while you are in the parks?

3)Do the carts have any overhead protection in case of rain?

Thanks in advance for the help!! I'm sure I'll think of more questions as time gets closer!!!

There is a plug at the front of the cabin in the driveway for the golf cart.

When you turn off your golf cart take the key and you shouldn't have any problems with it being secure. There are also a limited number of outlets for charging them at the marina and bus stops.

The golf carts have a roof and a windscreen. That will help some in case of rain, but I'd put a towel in a plastic bag if rain is expected so you can dry off the seats.

Have fun planning! You'll love having the golf cart! It really helps let you fully enjoy all the campground has to offer.

Golf carts are the best part of the vacation. There are plenty of outlets to charge them at the settlement depot. The reserved carts have a windshield and roof. We take a roll of plastic & some duct tape to make side curtians. This way if it rains you can still cruise.We go at Christmas so an after dinner ride to view Christmas lights is very relaxing. You can also take your cart and see the drive in movie at night. We have done ALOT of riding and never had a dead battery problem. We take tham to the pool, laundry, trading post and every place else that we go in the campground. :Pinkbounc

driving ours around last summer ... my grown daughter and I "fought" over who was going to get to drive.

We cruised to the Marina to take the boat to MK, to the campfire sing-along, to the pool ... even though it was less than a block from our cabin ... to the trading posts. I'm still thanking my friend who suggested that I rent one!

Love the idea of making side curtains out of plastic and securing them with duct tape!

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter