Questions about HHN

fivikse

Mouseketeer
My teen and I will be in Los Angeles the weekend of Sept 23-24. We have never done HHN at either park and are interested in attending.

Does anyone have a guess as to how crowded that weekend will be (likely Sunday the 24)?

We are choosing between:

(A) the pass that lets you into the park at 2:00 to do some of the regular rides (priority being Mummy and Backlot tour, I think. We have visited the Orlando parks just not for HHN) and then early entry into HHN (5:30) but NO express pass. OR

(B) HHN only regular entry time (7:00) and the single use express pass for each attraction.

I think our preference is entering at 2:00, but not if there will be super long waits for the haunted houses. But if Sundays aren't usually too crowded, then that's what we'd do.

What time does HHN usually end? I can't find that on the site.

Thanks!

I found the standby lines for the houses to be incredibly slow at HHN in Hollywood compared to Orlando. After last year waiting 60-120 minutes for each house (on a Thursday night) at HHN Hollywood, I will never do standby again. If I were you I would do the Express Pass.

Get the express pass and possibly the unlimited one if you can. Lines often are above 120 minutes and usually at least 60-90 minutes. But the mazes are maybe ~5 minutes to go through so with express you can do them all in maybe 2 hours. Without and you’ll be lucky to do half of them. Unlimited gets you a lot of mileage at that park. I think it usually closes between 12 and 2am depending on the day of the week.

In my opinion, I'd definitely get the Express Pass. I get a free ticket with my Annual Pass tier, so I've gone the last several years, but haven't ever ponied up for the express pass. At most, I usually get through 2-3 houses tops, doing stand by. Since it's such a small park, it will feel (and likely will be) crowded regardless of the date you go. I've tagged along with non-AP friends who actually paid for their tickets, and they all say they wouldn't go again without the express pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter